Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
Our technology teams create exciting and interactive software to support student growth and learning and empower educators to influence the lives of their students. We are looking for a Scrum Master to help support our development teams in the agile discipline. This person must have a strong foundation in agile methodology to coach teams and is passionate about developing cohesive scrum teams who are able to deliver against tough timelines
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a small, high energy, rapidly growing company at an exciting time in the development of EdTech. Check us out at DreamBox.com and see what our students and educators think on twitter.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Scrum Master for one or more development teams.
- Provide education of the agile discipline and enable teams to operate at optimal efficiency using feedback and retrospectives to drive team improvements.
- Manage all aspects of the agile process and encourage team accountability for sprint commitments.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and help support weekly release activities.
- Closely partner with Product Management to ensure that backlogs are healthy and continually maintained so that teams have well-defined and prioritized epics and stories.
- Manage external team dependencies and facilitate/participate in cross-team activities.
- Manage team delivery, execution and communication to stakeholders.
- Update regular department status communications.
- Experience with the “people” side of agile – high-performance team building, change management, coaching, and interpersonal dynamics.
- Willing to wear many hats and apply creativity to serve the needs of the team and business.
- Can apply critical thinking and is comfortable asking hard questions.
- Has the ability to identify opportunities and solutions, collect data, and drive the team toward delivery.
- Measures and monitors team progress and can use data to improve team health.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle – design, specification, implementation, integration, and release in a cloud environment.
- Is quick to action and comfortable jumping into urgent issues to help drive resolution.
- Can read situations quickly and drive resolution of issues before they impact the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Agile Software Development
- Experience working with multiple scrum teams
- Self-motivated and passionate about enabling effective teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex processes and data
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- EdTech experience is not required
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description