Senior Consultant, Organizational Change Management
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently in search of a high-performance Organizational Change Management Senior Consultant with experience implementing change management strategies and the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ Change Management practice applies practical solutions and proven methods to help our clients:
- Prepare for and sustain changes driven by one or multiple initiatives
- Realize the business value of those change initiatives
- Build change readiness capability – sustaining immediate changes and adapting to future ones
Our clients’ change programs range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond a year. Our client services include change management strategies, leadership engagement, communications, training solutions and organization alignment.
Successful candidates will have experience in/participate in the following types of activities:
- Identify and document organizational impacts of change initiatives with supervision
- Support stakeholder analysis efforts and change management strategy development
- Conduct initial stakeholder analysis and develop recommended change management approach and strategy
- Lead efforts to execute change management recommendations across areas such as Vision/Value Definition, Communication, Leadership Engagement, Organization Alignment and Sustainability
- Ensure the readiness of the client organization(s) for a variety of changes including new technology/processes, mergers/acquisitions, new organization strategy or other change efforts
- Manage project economics including track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal feedback
- Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancements to the Organizational Change Management methodologies, tools and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers and other related efforts
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Participate in meetings, development of proposals and other efforts related to Organizational Change Management
- Assist in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor’s degree in learning, communications, organization behavior, organization development or similar fields
- 4-6 years of experience providing change management solutions in support of large-scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives
- Experience in helping to develop and/or enhance supporting methodologies and tools, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., technology and vertical practices)
- Experience in change management areas such as communications, training and support, leadership engagement or change network management
- Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal corporate change management group is preferred
- Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel