Senior Group Transport Planner at Expedia Group
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
We’re looking for a dynamic Group Transport Planner who excels at providing unparalleled customer service to meeting owners and attendees while also ensuring we exceed our client’s goals. Someone who is excellent in setting priorities, making quality decisions, organized, understands the air industry, and knowledgeable with online booking tools will excel in this role. The Group Air Planner demonstrates accountability on all program delivery elements utilizing standard processes and procedures to achieve client satisfaction.
As a Group Transport Planner, you will handle all aspects of end to end group air planning and will be the primary contact for all air related elements for our Meetings & Events clients. This includes full service group transport as a standalone or as part of events. These meetings and events may be complex in nature, include international attendees/group travel, require high touch and extraordinary customer service. You would have ultimate accountability and take the lead role on all air travel standard processes and procedures to achieve client satisfaction and overall cost savings.
What you’ll do
- Act as point of contact for meeting owners throughout the lifecycle of a program (from figuring out purpose of the event in the initial meeting qualification to meeting debrief)
- Serve as the Air/Transport Project Manager preparing project plans and identifying and executing on delivery specifications including air booking method and travel parameters which mirror the client’s and program needs. Individual will also be the Project manager for adhoc pieces lumped into air ie Air and registration.
- Provide unparalleled consultative customer service and professionalism to the client customer experience by creating and maintaining meeting profiles for assigned programs and briefing of air agents of program rules.
- Ensure client is appropriately informed of the group air/transport process and represented in all terms and conditions during the travel booking process including their security processes and handle pre-ticketing procedures.
- Handle supplier partners and internal support areas to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Are accountable for entering data throughout the life of an event in the various technology tools (such as Cvent, Smartsheet and Click Time).
- Plan group travel with meticulous attention to detail according to corporate standards.
- Travel on-site for assigned programs when needed.
- Meet and exceed client service level agreements in regards to pre-booking, booking finalization, and follow-up on outstanding bookings; while providing program feedback to all stakeholders through meeting qualification and meeting debrief.
- Actively call out potential client, supplier, or program issues to manager for timely resolution.
- Ensure time tracking of programs in a timely manner.
- Handle group air/transport contractual relationships; responsible for sourcing and coordinating charters and rail movements as needed.
- Handle invites and registration procedures to ensure highest quality attendee experience; work with internal team members as appropriate to ensure quality of air data using external registration systems.
- Secure ground transportation as necessary, coordinate A&D lists with ground transport company; communicate travel arrangements to the client.
- Monitor and provide client with air spend reports and arrival and departure reports and any other air/ transport program related reports as needed.
- Establishes air blocks where applicable.
- Analyze airfare and flight movement in order to organize the group, establish costs and mitigate risk to the program; includes air recosts.
- Responsibility for risk management and deviation policy setting and communication to agents and project team members.
- Are responsible for negotiating air/transport contracts related for the event including identifying cost saving opportunities for Egencia M&E.
- Identify upselling opportunities and scope creep; inform manager.
- Negotiate the best possible group rates and program concessions for the programs leveraging client supplier relationships.
- Ensure completion of payments and bills to vendors.
- Financially accountability for programs including adherence to standard or client deposit terms, terms and conditions of client contract, and billing guidelines; facilitate payments/delivery of client/ vendor invoices.
- Stay current with supplier agreements, relationships and industry trends through attendance at team meetings, and supplier presentations.
- Constantly identify and strive for continuous improvement of M&E processes, procedures and tools.
- Fully support the larger team through workload sharing, brain-storming opportunities, and other duties.
- Lead the air/transport related timeline, budget/pro-forma, and group reporting for the team as part of the full service event management.
- Escalate and present solutions to resolve delivery issues with management
- You represent and strengthen the Egencia M&E brand in how you work on a day-to-day basis
Who you are
- College diploma or degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years Group Air Meeting Management experience required.
- Experience in global group air coordination, ground transportation management, rail coordination, charter sourcing and coordination is required.
- Experience and knowledge of Sabre required.
- Strong financial acumen (E.g. budget review and planning).
- Extraordinary communications skills : verbal, written, presentation and consultative skills
- Current or past experience working with an international team (or experience living abroad).
- Experience in Project Management; formal Project Management designation/ training is a plus.
- Team oriented and ability to lead a project team of air agents.
- Extremely organized; Multi-tasker who works well under pressure Capability to remain calm and composed under stressful situations.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) to programs as needed.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including advanced experience in Excel) and Cvent, Smartsheet Ability to travel to event when required.
- Ability to drive and deliver service excellence.
- PMC, Click Time, Moxie, "online booking tool," and Matrix experience preferred.
- Bilingual is an asset.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.