Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives, Vacation Rentals LPS at Expedia Group
Changing and innovating in the market to drive Expedia’s growth is at the heart of what we do. Expedia’s objective is to present the most comprehensive and bold range of accommodations to travelers around the globe so that they can find and enjoy their perfect trip. Expedia is extending the breadth and depth of its offering by investing in the fast-growing Vacation Rentals (VR) segment.
We are looking for an energetic Senior Manager to support strategic supply initiatives in close coordination with HomeAway and all Brands part of Expedia Group portfolio.
You will report to the Director of Vacation Rentals, within Lodging Partner Services (LPS) New Inventory, a dedicated unit built to spearhead our growth into complementary lodging businesses. The position will be based in Seattle, Austin or Geneva.What you'll do:
The Senior Manager Vacation Rental will be responsible for the market roll out of strategic supply initiatives and their performance. The role will start with a 12 months assignment to a dedicated project, after which another project will be assigned. The scope covers inventory contracted and handled directly by Expedia Group and includes the Expedia Lodging Partner Services Group (LPS) and HomeAway teams. This Senior Manager Vacation Rentals will bring strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a passion for tangible results. You will have a ‘hands on’ mindset, willing to go deep in execution and operational matters, while maintaining a holistic and strategic overview.
- You will drive in market roll-out of a pivotal initiative: obtain consensus & commitment from key partners and various teams involved in execution, lead the execution with relevant teams
- You will navigate overall program structure, progress tracking and reporting, in close collaboration with all relevant partners (Commercial Teams, Product & Tech, Legal & Tax, Brands)
- You deliver performance management of the above: collaborate closely with our Analytics teams to deliver key tools & insights for global internal partners.
- You identify, frame and prioritize business opportunities for improvement and collaborate closely with the line teams toward resolution
- Contribute to the definition and execution of longer term strategic initiatives on the VR category for Expedia Group
- You act as the change agent for ongoing innovations in the segment, collaborating very closely across Expedia’s brands
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
- 8 years of experience, with a preference for those with a management consulting background and/ or a similar role in a leading technology company. MBA strongly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, design and execute towards ambitious goals. Results-oriented, appetite for driving business impact
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, handle and mobilize multiple partners (including top executives) and demands in a fast moving organization and business landscape, across multiple remote locations
- Self-motivated and ability to drive success with limited guidance, likes to operate in an entrepreneurial set up, taking ownership for end-to-end inception to delivery while collaborating effectively across a wide-range of seniority across the organization
- Strong teammate, ability to act as one team
- Demonstrable experience in Vacation Rentals gained through large VR-player (supply & distribution), in a marketplace environment is a plus
- International experience a plus
- Strategic & Innovative: Constantly curious and a leader with vision – powerful analytics, agile in thinking and execution, solves pragmatically, tests-and-learns, brings innovative thinking from ‘elsewhere’. Recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; give to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; dedicatedly and quickly make sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations. Strong technical & financial affinity – ability to pick up and maximize effective usage of systems and analytics, as well as understands the meaning and interrelationships of key financial indicators.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that gains and holds others’ attention. Builds strong trust-based relationships to create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key partners to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals.
- Passion for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Learning Agility & Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness, including impact of own behaviors and emotions on self & others, resulting in ability to adapt style to partners. Passion for learning, taking ownership and initiative for development of self & others.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.