Senior Planning Analyst at Expedia Group
Expedia Group is one of the top consumer e-commerce businesses and the largest online travel service in the world. The Project Manager will be an active member of our dynamic, fast paced team based globally across the world.
You will be a part of the Workforce Planning team in LPS Enablement Solutions. They will build and maintain planning to guide and inform partners around impacts to the operation and Expedia’s strategic plan for the lodging business and will provide valuable day to day insights to the leadership team.
You are able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities and own deliverables end to end. You are extremely business/customer focused, able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, and able to actively lead delivery of high-quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
You have a record of working on logistically complex projects, whilst keeping a cool head to find order in ambiguity and simplicity in complexity. To be successful in this role,you will need to prioritize effectively and manage a workload that can fluctuate regularly.What you will do:
- You will develop a deep understanding of Expedia’s relationship with travelers and suppliers, and of back-end processes that define resource requirements
- You will coordinate and develop collaborative research and analysis using proven methodologies
- You will identify business needs, and independently evaluate existing assumptions and processes
- You will develop and maintain forecast models using available data to inform leadership decisions
- You will work with Senior Leadership to scope, prioritise and resource training initiatives
- You will lead the planning, global rollout and tracking of assigned training initiatives
- You will record, mitigate and advance any key risks or issues that could affect training initiatives
- You will serve as a center of excellence for trusted insight and analysis to support both strategic initiatives and ad hoc business needs within LPS
- You will prioritize and resolve varied and sometimes conflicting requests for reports and insight
- You will analyze and measure the impact of changes in the operations by gathering and synthesizing relevant data including operational metrics
- You will design models to solve complex business problems and handle integration of the insights into operational reporting
- You will communicate informed conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership that is tailored to the needs and requirements of the audience
- You will support weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews covering operational metrics and budget to include performance against stated objectives
- Some international business travel may be required
- Inquisitive self-starter who can work independently to turn vision into results
- Demonstrated aptitude for business problem identification, pattern recognition, data collection, data preparation, and independent problem solving
- Strong attention to detail combined with high-level vision
- Positive attitude and flexibility when faced with fast-paced, complex challenges
- Excellent strategic and tactical business skills and a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence across a matrixed organization, regardless of job levels
- Able to work on multiple, complex projects; strong project management; strong ability to multi-task and continually prioritize changing projects tasks/deliverables
- You are skilled at cultivating strong working relationships and working well within a team to learn and share knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to comprehensively and clearly present strategic issues and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to ensure timely task management and delivery
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years conducting analysis and managing initiatives for change in an operational environment
- 3+ years experience in resource planning and managing forecast models
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with enterprise reporting tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience in operational planning in a corporate environment
- Experience working with data in a back-office environment and transform it into actionable decisions/information
- History of working in an environment focused on continuous improvement
- Experience manipulating large datasets and producing presentations is required
- Experience working in a multinational and / or virtual office environment preferred
- Extraordinary planning and organization skills
- Shows judgment and initiative when analyzing situation and making decisions
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Strong communication and customer management skills
- Quality and process driven in assignment delivery
- Excellent time and work-load management skills; ability to prioritize
- Team player that is a great thought partner
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Curious to actively uncover opportunities and motivated to initiate change
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.