Senior Program Manager, Carrier Products at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Senior Program Manager on the Carrier Product team, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of programs and products that grow Convoy’s carrier base, increase carrier engagement, and drive margin improvements. You will partner closely with Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, and Operations teams to envision, launch and scale new programs that have a direct impact on Convoy’s business outcomes. This role will require a data-driven mindset and a willingness to be hands on to identify problems and create solutions. Strong communication, ability to think big, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to incubate and scale new solutions are a must.
- Strategy - Identify key strategic questions, develop program roadmaps, and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation - Design experiments and define metrics and goals to measure program success.
- Planning & Execution - Own end to end planning, execution and optimization of strategies to drive program growth.
- Cross functional partnership - Work closely with our product, account managers, data science, engineering, and other teams to execute and accelerate on long term innovation for our customers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of professional experience at a tech company or fortune 500 in strategy, program, product, analytics or similar fields.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
- Able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy.
- Strong analytical skills - You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them. Strong SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!