Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Senior Program Manager for the Incubation and Expansion team, you will lead high profile initiatives and special projects that enable our sales team to hit ambitious growth goals. You will investigate ambiguous problems, scope out solutions and project plans, and communicate and execute those plans to drive towards impactful results. As you lead these projects, your stakeholders will include senior leadership on our sales, finance, marketplace growth and product teams.
- Set Strategy - Build an in-depth knowledge of Convoy’s customer base in order to understand their needs, identify business opportunities, and craft new programs to address them. You will drive alignment with senior stakeholders and influence the trajectory of our suite of offerings.
- Be Analytical - Using data and analytics to drive decision making. Define criteria for success and establish sound measurement practices to monitor and report progress. Build feedback loops with our customers to evaluate performance and iterate.
- Collaborate - Rally senior leadership and other stakeholders behind programs under your management. Work cross-functionally with our Sales, Marketplace Growth, and Product teams.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience at a top tier consulting firm or tech company.
- Program management experience with a proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working directly within sales organizations at identifying new business opportunities, crafting business plans and assisting in the launch of new offerings.
- Strong data fluency and sound business judgment through analytical thinking. Exceptional with Excel / Data management tools. SQL experience is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively translate problems into scalable programs that span both business process and technology solutions.
- Highly comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
- Terrific storytelling abilities and comfortable crafting clear, compelling customer stories / strategies using observations, data and knowledge.
- Experience driving a project/program/product from inception to completion, through all stages of its life cycle.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!