Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Senior Program Manager for the Incubation and Expansion team, you will lead high profile initiatives and special projects that enable our sales team to hit ambitious growth goals. You will investigate ambiguous problems, scope out solutions and project plans, and communicate and execute those plans to drive towards impactful results. As you lead these projects, your stakeholders will include senior leadership on our sales, finance, marketplace growth and product teams.
- Set Strategy - Build an in-depth knowledge of Convoy’s customer base in order to understand their needs, identify business opportunities, and craft new programs to address them. You will drive alignment with senior stakeholders and influence the trajectory of our suite of offerings.
- Be Analytical - Using data and analytics to drive decision making. Define criteria for success and establish sound measurement practices to monitor and report progress. Build feedback loops with our customers to evaluate performance and iterate.
- Collaborate - Rally senior leadership and other stakeholders behind programs under your management. Work cross-functionally with our Sales, Marketplace Growth, and Product teams.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience at a top tier consulting firm or tech company.
- Program management experience with a proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working directly within sales organizations at identifying new business opportunities, crafting business plans and assisting in the launch of new offerings.
- Strong data fluency and sound business judgment through analytical thinking. Exceptional with Excel / Data management tools. SQL experience is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively translate problems into scalable programs that span both business process and technology solutions.
- Highly comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
- Terrific storytelling abilities and comfortable crafting clear, compelling customer stories / strategies using observations, data and knowledge.
- Experience driving a project/program/product from inception to completion, through all stages of its life cycle.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!