Senior Technical Program Manager at Lighter Capital
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:49 a.m. (PST) on Monday, November 11, 2019
Traditional business lending institutions still rely on highly paper-based processes. They are simply not tooled to be able to underwrite or service loans to startups. Lighter Capital is able to offer non-diluting financing options to early stage businesses that banks wouldn’t touch because our internal processes are supported by high-tech custom built software. This is where you will be adding value to Lighter Capital.
As a Technical Program Manager on our Technology team you will unlock our potential and unleash a higher velocity of value-delivery. You work fast and lean, you are talented at deciphering business needs into documented requirements and you are adept at wireframing UI concepts. Lighter Capital still has a “startup” feel but we are maturing quickly and you will be joining at the perfect time to make a massive impact.
You will be working closely with an engineering team, with a UX Designer and reporting directly to the SVP of Product and Engineering.
WHY YOU’LL APPLY…..
- You love to work at the intersection of a tech team and the customer, using your savvy to design the smartest solution to pressing business problems.
- You have approached “craftspersonship” level and want to work in an environment where that actually matters.
- You thrive in an environment where you self-manage your work, projects, and time. Work:life balance isn’t just a platitude, at Lighter Capital we expect you to manage your hours and achieve your goals.
- You prefer small teams of people who are smart with a get-it-done attitude.
WHY WE NEED YOU…..
- Our internally built software is mission-critical to the growth and success of our innovative Fintech business, and YOU are going to be the person responsible for making sure it gets made.
- We need you to develop a deep SME-level understanding of everything related to how our business services our customers (borrowers). Everything from getting funding to paying off a loan and all the detours along the way.
- You will understand the technology gaps, the forward-looking business strategy and be able to effectively prioritise the appropriate responses.
- Everyone will understand WHAT we are working on next and WHY. From the developers to the stakeholders, no one will be in the dark as to status, progress and timeframes.
- You will be the company-facing ambassador to the tech team, shielding the team from distraction and feeding them a steady stream of work all clearly documented, scoped and designed.
YOU WILL BE A GOOD FIT IF…..
- You have developed an Expert level ability to translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- You are personally very competent at wireframing. You will be working closely with a UX Designer, but having a talent at wireframing or mocking up UI concepts independently will be a leading indicator that you are right for this role.
- You have an engineering background, or in some other capacity you have sufficient technical knowledge to be able to influence the implementation choices when developers turn your functional spec into a technical design.
- You know when to apply a bandaid to a problem instead of a skin graft.
- Aha, JIRA, Confluence and Slack are tools of your trade.
- You think strategically, but act tactically.
We are Lighter Capital, a Seattle based FinTech company with a clear mission to revolutionize startup financing by empowering entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and retain ownership.
We are a passionate group of individuals where our mission and values guide our decision making. We believe in individual and team development, and align, push and measure ourselves through goal setting. Join our team and feel part of something incredible!
Just like each customer is unique, so is each person, and Lighter Capital is committed to creating an environment where everyone can belong and thrive. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
Read Full Job Description