Sr. Engineering Operations Program Manager at Avalara
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is a leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of sales tax easier for our clients. Be part of a cutting edge technology company that is constantly striving to “wow” our customers through innovation and relentless focus on excellence.
This role is responsible for ensuring accountability cross organizationally as well as driving visibility and transparency. This role’s on-going, primary, deliverable is to ensure delivery of customer value and alignment with stakeholders.
This role requires strong business acumen, great process development and refinement skills, strong knowledge technical depth, and outstanding interpersonal communication and influencing skillsets.
This role will also extract from SMEs the LOE, potential risks and opportunities based on strategic input, ROI evaluations, leveraging feedback from around the business.
In addition to being an excellent listener and communicator this role requires an ability to negotiate change management. This is a career accelerating opportunity – come help Engineering Operations drive a better tomorrow!
- Drive effective team work, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Build and improve existing process to increase efficiency and standardization across 15 product development teams.
- Work closely with stakeholders, senior management, and outside organizations on project progress and communicate issues and risks and mitigation strategies.
- Drive and execute on broad, complex initiatives across product lines, providing program governance and oversight.
- Help develop and maintain scorecards and dashboards and track and improve program specific KPI’s.
- Mentor and coach project team members as appropriate
- 7-10 years of Technical/Program management experience in cross-organizational projects prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts, and negotiating timelines
- Strong collaboration skills pulling teams together and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to influence without direct reporting authority
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Project Management Professional Certification a plus
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Readily available sense of humor and a passion for working with people
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.