Sr Program Manager, Technology Strategic Delivery at Expedia Group
Are you an extraordinary program manager who is looking to join a team at the heart of Expedia's business? Our eCommerce Platform (eCP) technology products and operations power Expedia's online travel brands worldwide. eCP teams are diverse – we build and maintain foundational systems and infrastructure like Data Centers, Transaction Platforms and Financial Systems. Our business operations include Customer Service as well as Payment and Fraud Operation teams.
The Technology Strategic Delivery team works across the many groups and products that make up the eCommerce Platform to deliver large, complex technology initiatives. The Senior Program Manager will play a meaningful role supporting the Technology Strategic Delivery team and the broader Platform Foundation & Strategy group. You will shape the future of the eCommerce Platform by bringing a blend of product, strategy, and program management competencies to key high visibility initiatives. This role is unique and inherently cross-functional - you will collaborate across the multiple teams that develop and run our eCommerce Platform to envision and deliver solutions.
What you’ll do:
Initiative leadership & program management
- You will lead large, long-range initiatives while delivering value incrementally by operating in an agile, rapid development environment
- You will operate effectively within the organization's formal and informal structures by building relationships across departments and understanding the roles and perspectives of diverse partner groups
- You will assist eCP leaders in program setup and workstream structuring for cross-eCP initiatives
- You will identify, understand, and incorporate inter-dependencies into initiative planning
- You will work across team boundaries with multiple product and program managers to appropriately prioritize work to align with overall initiative goals
- You will actively identify and drive resolution on cross-team issues, scope changes, resource constraints, and other impediments
- You will ensure assigned cross-eCP Initiatives are reporting meaningful status and progress
- You will work to continually build knowledge about our products, capabilities, usage, and future partner needs
- You will craft solutions that empower our business to scale and adapt by partnering with our brand and business partners to solve problems
- You will communicate and influence product strategy direction across products and brand product managers to ensure end-to-end solutions
Software Product Strategy & Program Management
- Experience owning or influencing product strategy & vision, roadmaps, and backlog prioritization
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Experience utilizing Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through complex cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills, and experience working with senior management
- Experience working cross-culturally and leading cross-functionally, and ability to adapt personal style to different environments
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; ability to see the “big picture” while also diving into details as necessary
- Creative decision maker with proven ability to apply quantitative rigor to complex analyses and tradeoff decisions
- Strong program planning skills with proven ability to structure large initiatives in effective and meaningful ways
- A real passion for continuous excellence
- Creative thinker with initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Always a team leader as well as a great teammate
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years of related experience in a premier consulting firm, technology platform product management and/or large transformational program management
- Experience with customer service, financial, and/or ERP platform products, preferably in an ecommerce environment, is a plus
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-DY1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.