Sr Program Manager at Expedia Group
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Our Expedia Flights team is dedicated to building experiences that help travelers like you go places and makes our world more connected. We are a global team with representation in the United States, Mexico, Australia and India. Our Flights Shopping Platform is one of the largest in the world serving over 150 million queries a day and powering some of the strongest brands in the industry like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wotif, Hotwire and ebookers. Expedia disrupted the airline industry with its flight shopping and booking technology 20 years ago. We always want to “be the place travelers choose to explore and book flights for a trip” and are looking for talent to join us and build technology and experiences that power these.
The Air product is one of the first touch points we have with travelers in our efforts to help them with their trip across all Expedia Groups Platforms (including Expedia, Cheaptickets, Orbitz, Wotif, eBookers, Travelocity, Expedia Partner Solutions, etc.). Building the right shopping experience is foundational to driving a meaningful customer acquisition and engagement platform and is also a core driver of growth for the other businesses within the Expedia portfolio. Expedia's Air business is directly responsible for nearly 40% of visitors to our leisure sites. The Air retail product & tech team sets and executes upon the overall vision and strategy for Air business acceleration across retail, marketing, supply and customer service.
What you’ll do
- Drive implementation of large, high visibility programs that span multiple teams
- Collaborate with business partners and users to define program scope and required functionality
- Lead, develop, and coordinate requirements across multiple systems, processes and teams
- Establish timelines and drive alignment to schedules using agile methodology
- Build plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences. Identify risks and creatively resolve blocking issues with the team
- Drive resolution on cross-team issues, scope changes, prioritization decisions, resource constraints, and other impediments
- Clearly communicate program vision and status using appropriate media to maintain alignment
Who you are
- Bachelor’s in management, computer science or engineering or an alternate degree
- 7+ years’ experience running technology related programs using agile development techniques in an eCommerce environment. Strong program planning skills with ability to structure large initiatives
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; ability to see the “big picture” while also diving into details
- Adept at using data to make appropriate decisions on trade-offs and prioritization
- Resilient and constructive when faced with change, able to shift approaches when needed in response to unexpected events and circumstances
- Able to comprehend and discuss technical concepts, influence decision makers and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Communicates effectively, concisely, and tailored to the audience; honed listening skills. Establishes credibility and rapport with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization up to Senior Executives
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.