ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
The Senior Technical Consultant - Federal will be responsible to develop, invest, and maintain thought leadership with deep subject matter expertise related to Service Management product capabilities and complementary technologies in a client-consulting environment including; Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Configuration, Knowledge and Service Level Management. Lead all technical aspects of the project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Creation and delivery of solutions for Federal Practice customers addressing requirements through technical architecture in consideration of process design, ServiceNow Technical Best Practice and Standards
- Collaborate and Contribute to the creation, deployment and maintenance of Technical Best Practices and Standards
- Ensuring technical deliverables to Customer Delivery and customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- Active Participant and Contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence (in Community) that Provides Mentoring, Implementation Support, Maturity Maps and Continual Improvements
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through Publication Activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and Practice business processes as well as the maturing of the ITSM practice portfolio, capabilities, expertise, best practices by providing in feedback Loop into Practice for Resource, Process and Technical Continuous Improvement
- Achieve ITSM Practice and Individual KPI’s and Metrics as defined
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- An active security clearance at Top Secret / SCI Polygraph (Counter Intelligence)
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITSM solutions in client environments.
- 3+ years working in the ITSM or IT services/consulting industry
- Experience of ITIL, minimum foundation level, ideally higher. Knowledge of other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps or COBIT beneficial.
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO and other such technologies.
- Active listener, respecting others' point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input whilst demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal and presentational)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership in solving business processes and/or technical problems during project delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Committed to customer satisfaction and reference ability and ensures that actions contribute towards a positive experience by the customer.
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.