Technical Engagement Manager
SkyKick is a fast-growing pioneer in the cloud market and has won numerous awards from Microsoft Partner of the Year to Red Herring Top 100 North America. Our mission is to build SaaS products that solve the IT industry's cloud challenges. Our products are 100% partner channel focused and have helped over 20,000 global partners build successful cloud businesses by making it easy to move, backup, and manage their customers in the cloud. The SkyKick Cloud Automation Platform was recently voted #1 by IT Service Providers for its technical robustness, partner-friendly experience and material impact on partner profitability.
Our culture empowers leaders’ company-wide to develop solutions that are changing expectations. We love the new scale opportunities that come with our growth and would love to share this amazing journey with more passionate people!
We are an international company headquartered in Seattle, WA and as a 100 Best Company in Washington, we offer a competitive comp and benefits package, along with great perks! SkyKick is a proud equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.skykick.com.
The Technical Engagement Manager is responsible for building strategic, technical relationships within partner accounts, articulating a clear vision, generating enthusiasm, and impacting multiple operating groups. Responsibilities include clarifying and evangelizing SkyKick’s technical capabilities, how current consulting processes need to change and how the partner will benefit from replacing their current tools and approaches with SkyKick. You will help the most strategic accounts learn SkyKick and plan successful SkyKick-based projects.
In this role you will work closely with Enterprise Sales Executives, Global Account Managers, Technical Support / Operations, Product Management and Engineering and will mobilize all appropriate SkyKick resources to support partners’ interests and advocate on partners’ behalf, keeping SkyKick’s long term interests in focus. You will manage engagements and projects with SkyKick’s largest partners such as Hosters, Telco’s LSPs, VARs, SIs, ISVs, MSPs and Distributors, driving consulting engagements specific to the partner needs based on an understanding of SkyKick’s products and how they best fit with partner sales motions and end-to-end product purchasing flows.
The Technical Engagement Manager also drives partner adoption and is expected to increase partner satisfaction across sales and technical functions. In addition, the Technical Engagement Manager will collaborate with strategic partners’ engineering team, third-party consultants and SkyKick Engineering and Product Management for requirements gathering, project scoping and project coordination to integrate SkyKick’s CSP Platform with strategic partners’ commerce platforms.
- Customer Success passion and focus
- Extensive experience engaging with senior executives (CIO/CTO/CFO/CPO/CEO/COO) is required
- Excellent understanding of the cloud-computing landscape, with Microsoft (particularly Exchange and Office 365) knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills: analytical and presentation skills are required
- Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Candidate must have a passion for managing and developing people on the team and for working across boundaries between groups within an account
- Candidate must be a strategic thinker and have proven excellence in Strategic Account planning and technical consulting project delivery
- Account Planning and Management, Business Acumen, Coaching the Sale, Competition, Influencing Executives, Technical Decision Makers and Technical Implementers
- Other core competencies include: Action Oriented, Communication Skills, Conviction and Courage, Customer Focus, Cross-Group Collaboration and Negotiation and Conflict Management
- BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, or related field (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in technical sales and/or solution delivery of software or services in the technology market segment