Technical Implementation Leader
Data Services & Platforms
Expedia Group is a leader in using technology to drive business, and that’s where we come in. Our mission in DSP is to make access to data undeniably easy through technology and solutions that unleash the passion of our people to unlock the power of the world’s best travel platform. Our products are used by engineers, analysts and data scientists to process date in real-time powering algorithms, deliver complex analytics, and helping our customers find their dream holiday or trip. Add to that our coordinated, value-led partner approach and we’re able to bring forward solutions that drive decisions faster and innovation further, keeping Expedia at the forefront of technology and travel.
Partner Services provides platform support and integration leadership for our partner brands. We are technical consultants that help our partners optimize the use of our platform. We make data access, data management, data movement and analytics easier to access and comprehend. Partner Services is part of the overall DSP Product Team, connecting customer needs to new platform products.
As a Technical Implementation leader, You will play an exciting role where you will lead the technical implementation and integration from an on-premise solution to a cloud-based solution. You will collaborate with internal partners to find opportunities and drive results. You will actively work across our business alongside key team members including Engineering, Partner Services and Operations. Overall, You will be the point of contact for all technical implementation issues, needs, and coordination of technical requirements between the partner and DSP product & technology teams.
Join the team and help us build an exciting set of products and services for data at the center of Expedia Group’s global travel platform. We’re building and running a next generation, multi-tenant led data platform and services to scale with the business and unlock value from data for applications, algorithms and analytics.
What you'll do:
- You will conduct technical sessions with users to understand business problems and translate to technical solutions.
- You will provide service support for Analysts and Developers from customer groups to solve and optimize platform usage and implement standard methodologies into their workflows.
- You communicate and work directly with Partners to identify customer problems, collecting requirements and recommending solutions.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter and natural problem-solver; love working with Customers; intrinsically motivated and technology savvy.
- You don't mind ambiguity or taking on complex projects from scratch with minimal mentorship or guidelines.
- You're an effective communicator, comfortable sharing highly technical information with users across all levels of an organization.
- You're an outstanding mix of tech-heavy and customer-focused. You'll roll up your sleeves and pitch in without being asked.
- You’re able to work cross functionally across Product manager, architects, engineers, Dev Ops teams, to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- You like to keep pace with the latest technology and our platform service offering, evangelizing standard methodologies to customers.
- A bachelor’s degree in analytics, data science, or engineering discipline is preferred. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience working on large datasets & Analytics centric multi-platform environments across technologies.
- High-level of communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, experience working directly with business and technical partners.
- Hands-on experience with technologies like AWS services, Hadoop, Kafka, HIVE, SQL, Spark, R, etc.
- Strong problem solving/ break-fix abilities.
- Familiarity with Qubole, Snowflake, Teradata/SQL framework and a modern general scripting language such as Python.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.