Technical Program Manager, Data Quality
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Data team leading our data quality efforts, you will use your understanding of research and engineering to drive compliance initiatives and coordinate data quality improvements. Working from either our Los Angeles, CA or Seattle, WA office, you’ll need to recognize technical and scheduling risks, understand product and organizational capabilities, and drive scheduled completion. You will drive one or more data-related projects by coordinating between Data, Engineering, QA, Strategy, and Audit teams in order to ship new features and improve our product.
What you’ll do:
- Present comprehensive data quality reporting on a monthly basis to the leadership team
- Initiate, plan, execute, and close on data quality projects by working closely within the engineering organization and with stakeholders outside the Engineering team
- Enforce data quality policies, standards, and relevant control procedures
- Efficiently track schedules for your projects, ensuring technology quality and on-time delivery
- Identify ways to improve efficiency of our processes via documentation, process development, and automation
- Develop a realistic picture of the project’s technological scope and progress, and serve as the point of contact within your team, as well as to external stakeholders
- Use your knowledge of software development capabilities to assess and resolve blocking issues
- Develop relationships, promote awareness of your project, and educate developers on adherence to best practices
- BS in computer science, MIS, or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technical program manager or project manager in engineering
- A solid foundation in software development lifecycle practices and project management techniques
- Great written and verbal technical communication skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver solutions in collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to solve tasks through automation, such as experience in some high-level scripting language
- Familiarity with data analytics and pipelines and experience with data reporting and dashboarding tools
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]