Technical Program Manager
Are you passionate about the power of data and the technology that drives it? Are you an experienced Agile professional? Do you want to shape how we drive our business? Do you love travel? Then we are looking for you!
We are redefining the finance strategy to build an automated, intelligent platform, and we need smart, strategic thinkers who are exceptional implementers. Our e-Commerce Platform (eCP) Business Intelligence (BI) team builds and supports business intelligence products that provide leaders with easy access to financial data and generates insights at their fingertips. Our goal is to unleash financial insights to empower leaders across Expedia Group (EG) to make intelligent, strategic business decisions and drive EG growth.
The eCP BI team is in search of a hardworking and highly motivated Technical Program Manager who can guide a team of engineers and reporting analysts to build high quality BI solutions that delight our customers, as well as partner with business and product management to drive the roadmap and strategy for our team. As someone who loves to look beyond the status quo, you will be in tune with team dynamics and constantly work to improve your team. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product, engineers, analysts, and business partners to distill product ideas down into shippable feature sets and user stories.
What you'll do:
- You will lead projects from inception to close, with superb planning and communication skills to establish timelines, prioritize work, and manage partner expectations.
- You will facilitate productive discussions to establish requirements and consider design alternatives with multi-functional teams.
- You will write, groom, and prioritize user stories and clearly document requirements with a solid business understanding and strong attention to detail
- You will lead all scrum team activities and manage related artifacts.
- You will drive process efficiency and on-time completion of roadmap items.
- You will guide delivery team to execute on defined requirements, remove blocking issues from day-to-day operations of the team, and identify and communicate risks
- You will define and drive testing across all impacted teams, including coordination of User Acceptance Testing
- You will be responsible for product release planning and release notes
Who you are:
- 5+ years in product or program management; preferably in a web/e-commerce environment
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Agile Certified Professional and/or Certified Scrum Master
- Understanding and experience with relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, data mining, and ETL techniques to deliver BI solutions; preferably Microsoft BI stack background.
- Strong analytical skills, experience utilizing SQL and Tableau preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated record driving key initiatives and timelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- Passionate to make things better at every opportunity
- Proficiency with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.