Technical Program Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Our App Platform and Infrastructure teams are tasked with the ownership and management of Convoy’s mobile and web apps along with internal data services. The work we do directly impacts users, experimentation, and product velocity, and is critical to achieve our goal of building a world-class trucking and freight management platform. The company has experienced significant growth and we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us execute on projects to scale our business. Now is the perfect time for to be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will have experience driving products, applications, and platforms and leading cross-functional initiatives that span the breadth of engineering. They will also have a passion for app, infrastructure, or platform technologies, and will be knowledgeable about the full lifecycle of services or application development. They will enjoy being the central nervous system that allows Convoy Engineering to thrive and scale.
- Lead functional and technical delivery of key team, organization, and company-wide initiatives
- Own large scale processes to deliver internal services to development teams or mobile and web apps to external users
- Develop and ensure adoption of agile methodology to simplify project delivery
- Partner with all stakeholders in a program and lead execution from concept to ship
You have the following experience:
- 5+ years as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or a related discipline
- You have a desire to partner with product and platform teams to define strategy and requirements
- You have proficiency in working with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features
- You have the ability to drive large initiatives while also creating project / release plans and roadmaps
- Power to influence peers / managers, build consensus, and drive alignment while dealing with ambiguity
- Capacity to own and execute multiple programs simultaneously
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!