Account Manager, SME
Egencia: Business travel for the Expedia generation!
Revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, we bring the best of consumer experiences to the world of business travel. Things like an intuitive and seamlessly connected booking tool, available on your desktop or mobile. We are able to do this through state of the art technology that our competitors cannot match. It’s hardly surprising that we’re growing, fast. Faster than any of our competitors. We’ve gone from a small start-up to being the fourth largest corporate travel management company in the world, and we’re still going.
We’ve got an exciting road ahead of us – do you want to join the adventure?
Who You Are:
As Account Manager, SME, you will be responsible for the growth and retention of a portfolio of accounts with gross booking volumes up to $2M, that utilize Egencia for all of their travel needs. Individually and with the Mid-tier AM Team, you will drive engagement across our client base by nurturing client relationships, analyzing business performance and delivering exceptional customer service.
What You Will Do:
- Build a strong rapport as a trusted consultant to the client, develop long-term relationships throughout the lifecycle with appropriate level of contact and communication. Understand what success looks like to our customers and deliver upon that to instill the value of Egencia.
- Uncover and execute on opportunities to create additional “stickiness” within our client base. This can include promoting other lines of business, opening global points of sale, renewing the client, developing multi-level relationships, case studies and references.
- Individually and/or with the Account Management Team, drive engagement within the overall account base. Examples include phone calls, emails, face to face meetings, webinars, marketing campaigns and event participation
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to launch new customers! Ensure a successful client launch by sharing pre-launch best practices, training travellers on using the booking tool, hosting post-launch calls with the Travel Manager to measure success, delivering reporting training and addressing ad-hoc client questions.
- Act as a customer advocate within the company. This includes promoting client suggestions or issues to internal groups like customer service, technical support and product development. Partner with internal team to deliver solutions/resolutions and respond to our customers.
- Consult and support the corporate travel manager in establishing and maintaining corporate travel policy and adjustments to policy and our tool
- Conduct customer business reviews that measure progress towards travel program goals and make recommendations on further program improvements. Identify opportunities for cost savings through program optimization and consolidation.
- Act as an ambassador for Egencia in the industry, behaving in a polished and professional manner, maintaining composure in times of stress, ensuring the highest levels of service and professionalism are maintained
What You Bring:
- A passion for customer service and your polished communication, analytical and collaboration skills
- Experience in building effective client relationships and negotiation
- Your strong social, relationship building and team building skills
- Your travel industry knowledge and your capacity to communicate product features effectively
- Willingness to travel as required and meet customers face-to-face
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.