Account Manager, Veterinary Sales at Trupanion
Account Manager, Veterinary Sales
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a motivated sales professional to join the Inside Sales Team. This person will play a fundamental role in driving growth and engagement within Trupanion partnered veterinary hospitals.
This is a phone-heavy role and the right candidate must be confident in making and taking 20-30 phone calls a day. The role will be working directly with veterinary hospitals to generate interest in Trupanion and educate veterinary professionals on why medical insurance for dogs and cats is exceptionally valuable. This role also partners heavily with our Territory Partners (Trupanion’s Field Sales Executives) to collaborate on the management of partner hospital accounts. Success in this position is based on lifting enrollments (same-store sales) at assigned accounts.
Everyone in this role is eligible for a lucrative uncapped monthly compensation level based on individual sales metrics. Base compensation is $52,000 USD/year, so a significant part of each sales agent’s compensation is commission-based, top performers earn over $70,000. In addition to cash compensation, we also offer RSU grants, a full benefits package (fully paid medical, dental, vision), and other excellent benefits (paid pet medical insurance, paid sabbaticals).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Connect with key players in veterinary hospitals on a regular cadence to educate on the benefits of an insured client base, discuss individual hospital performance, and coach on any challenges or successes at the hospital level
- Train partnered veterinary hospitals on Trupanion software
- Liaise with Trupanion Territory Partners to communicate about assigned accounts
- Generate and lift enrollments within Trupanion Partner hospitals
- Close and achieve monthly and quarterly goals
Please include a cover letter with your application
- Experience building and maintaining long term client relationships and acquiring new customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, to include fluency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with preferred exposure to CRM Platforms.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Motivated by a lucrative compensation model
- Analytical skills and the ability to communicate to potential and current partner hospitals the metrics of their performance
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.