Account Manager at OfferUp
OfferUp’s mission is to build the largest, simplest and most trustworthy local marketplace. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Place
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Account Manager to help scale the Auto’s Vertical. If you are a confident, self-starter salesperson who enjoys building relationships and helping customers achieve success, this is the role for you.
What you will do:
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with Auto dealers in our Verified Auto Dealership program
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to dealer needs and objectives
- Responsible for keeping current dealers satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Focus on identifying and closing upsell opportunity and retaining existing business
- Monitor and analyze dealer’s usage of our product
- Liaise between the customer and internal teams - cross-functional teams
- Lead, track, and report on all customer activities and results in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Consulting - analyze data, trends, and reports to consult with clients regarding their performance
- Outreach- 30 ~ 40 calls per day
- Achieve upsell goals through educating customers on the value of our Verified Dealer Program and services
- Training and education - coaching clients on how to best utilize our products and train them with new features/product
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-5 years of proven Account Management, Customer Support, Vendor Management, Customer Success, or New Business Development or other relevant experience
- Track record of exceeding new business or upsell targets for 2-5 years
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Managing a large book of business - 200-300 accounts
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Versed in the art of selling to busy, no-nonsense business owners while developing relationships for long-term success
- Able to tease out clients' real needs and isolate them from mere preferences
- Identifying issues and proactively creating solutions
Nice to have:
- Multi-lingual; Spanish-speaking a big plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Salesforce, Excel, Google Applications and other reporting tools including B.I. Tools, Tableau.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.