Business Development, Director at Expedia Group
ExpediaEnterprise Business Development Director
The Enterprise Business Development, Director is responsible for working across functional teams to identify, source, evaluate and negotiate high-impact, strategic partnerships in various segments. This role requires the ability to cultivate relationships, quickly assess attractiveness of potential opportunities, describe EPS value propositions, perform financial analysis and lead all facets of structuring, negotiating and closing partnerships.What you will do
Business Development, Director is a self-starter who enjoys variety in their work, can manage multiple competing priorities, is able to lead at all levels of an organization and has a consistent track record in one or more of the following areas: consultative sales, product management, business strategy, financial modeling, relationship management, and negotiation. Tasks the Business Development, Director will be accountable for include:
- Identify, evaluate and manage large-scale multi line of business opportunities, partnerships.
- Conduct detailed and accurate quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess viability of potential new business opportunities. Develop deal models and forecasts with commercial finance partners.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive opportunities through a pipeline that ensures productive launch of efficient partnerships.
- Lead complex deal structuring and commercial contracting process with legal and multiple internal business stakeholders.
- Understand industry trends and customer needs and identifying unmet (or emerging) needs across travel categories. Provide market feedback to various teams to supports requirement gathering, product design and delivery of new partnership functionality or improvements to existing integrations.
- Serve as business development leader with vision engaged across Expedia Group to support bring innovative solutions to market.
- Cultivate relationships at all levels within potential partners and industry organizations
- Extensive years of relevant experience in partner marketing or senior consultative sales/business development functions. Proven sales/influence skills, balanced with consultative needs analysis/solutioning, finance acumen and project management skills.
- Knowledge of travel industry, particularly related to financial services, travel suppliers and/or large-scale loyalty programs.
- Previous experience with travel technology products and operations strongly desired.
- Comprehensive understanding of Expedia's B2B vision and value propositions for potential partners.
- Very strong interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively build relationships internally, externally, particularly at senior organizational levels.
- Ability to operate independently and to define objectives and structure, with minimal supervision.
- Show a high degree of motivation and work well both as an individual and within team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Flexibility to travel up to 30% of the time.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Diversity statement
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age#li-jc2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.