Manager, Account Management - NA West Region at Expedia Group
Expedia Media Solutions, the advertising arm of Expedia Inc., offers industry expertise and digital marketing solutions that allow brands to reach, engage and influence its qualified audience of travelers around the world. Through its network of leading travel brands and global points of sale, we provide partners with insights about traveler behaviors during every stage of the purchase journey, along with dynamic advertising solutions, to deliver strategic campaigns and measurable results. For more information, visit https://advertising.expedia.com.Position Description
We are looking for a Manager of Account Management responsible for leading a dynamic team of dedicated Campaign and Account Managers in the North America West region. You are a thoughtful leader who can effectively build and lead successful teams through partnership, motivation and innovative solutions. In this role you will handle the day-to-day management of the team, continuously striving toward operational efficiencies, creatively solving day-to-day issues while effectively weighing the impact each decision has on partners and internal business owners. You will also be responsible for collaborating with sellers and regional sales leadership to help sales meet and beat targets.About you:
Do you have a strong understanding of advertising operations and account management? Have you worked for an advertising publisher passionate about executing campaigns, at scale? Do you understand the dynamics of working directly with clients, sales and marketing disciplines? Do you build bridges and remove barriers?Position Responsibilities
- Lead an organization of campaign and account management professionals responsible for day-to-day tactical efforts - campaign production, campaign reporting and optimization
- Managing assigned accounts, if necessary
- Involvement in cross functional business initiatives - understand deliverables and business needs. Partner with internal teams and actively provide suggestions around operational efficiencies and process improvements with effective roll out and follow through of proposed initiatives
- Work directly with Account Management team daily and through 1:1 meetings to provide ongoing coaching for team members. Help define personal development goals for individuals as well as business goals. Write and deliver mid- year and end of year reviews
- Manage escalations to ensure issues are resolved quickly and effectively
- Closely monitor campaign production to ensure quality of deliverables is of the highest quality and adhere to published policies and guidelines
- Pay close attention to revenue at risk and swiftly undertake necessary actions to minimize revenue leakage
- Carefully monitor regional campaign performance for continuous improvement
- Coordinate interviews and vet potential candidates for open headcount and lead the onboarding process for new hires
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
- Able to identify and creatively solve problems with ease, make decisions with confidence and understanding of the wider business impact and appropriate level of risk involved.
- Listens closely and is able to extract message significance to clearly convey information from all perspectives. Use of this information to earn cooperation of others and form own and potentially divergent opinion.
- Comfortable liaising at all levels of the organisation. True cross-functional collaborator ensuring end goal is beneficial for all teams involved. Embraces change for the betterment of the business, even if it may not be in their personal or teams favour. Championing this change to the team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team of individual contributors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to seek to understand the needs of internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to work flawlessly under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions to meet internal client needs.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Proven team management experience
- Bachelors and/or 5+ years experience in ad operations/account management including people management
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.