Manager of Strategic Sales Representative
Smartsheet is seeking a proven, highly motivated Manager of Strategic Sales Representatives who will hire, coach and train a driven team of individuals early in their careers to become world-class business development professionals. If you have proven success in building and leading a business development team to achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly goals, a passion for Smartsheet and commitment to excellence, this is the role for you. This position will report to the Director of Strategic Sales and will be based in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Hire, coach, train and manage a team of Strategic Sales Representatives (SSRs) to master skills across Strategic Account sales including lead engagement, account intelligence development, Smartsheet’s platform and solutions, sales skills, inbound marketing and business acumen
- Play a leadership role in operationalizing multi-touch targeted lead generation campaigns, including process definition, key metrics and use of software tools
- Define, implement and track set of core SSR metrics/analytics which predictably drive performance, working closely with Sales Operations to ensure necessary support
- Develop and implement plays run by the SSR team that result in deepening knowledge of Smartsheet’s Strategic Accounts
- Manage day to day activities of SSR team including live coaching and mentoring, and reviewing inbound lead volume, activity metrics, conversions and pipeline build
- Work closely with Regional Sales Directors and Strategic Account Executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality and hand off
- Work closely with Enterprise Demand Generation team to ensure quality generation, conversion and nurturing of leads
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the SSR team
- Align with sales enablement team to build a curriculum for SSRs across on-boarding, sales trainings, solutions and industry education and role acumen
- Motivate team with creative incentives and inspire through a shared vision and team culture
- 2+ years of management experience with proven track record of hiring, retaining, and developing individuals and team
- 5+ years of enterprise SaaS sales experience with demonstrated record of achievement
- Experience working in and building inside sales teams
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions through effective use of core sales tools: Salesforce, LinkedIn, Tableau, OpsCon, GoogleApps, Microsoft Office
- Strong Smartsheet product knowledge/solution development skills
- Data driven – constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency and contribution to the business through analysis and metrics
- A team player – you inspire others around you and build a highly motivated and successful team through your management skills
- Capability of understanding of customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by Smartsheet. Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Drive, grit, team-oriented: strong desire to compete and win
- Proven track record of goal achievement (as individual or manager) and building and managing KPIs for a sales organization
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Getting From Idea to Impact! At a time when organizational speed and execution are critical to gaining a competitive edge, modern work — especially at scale — is increasingly bogged down by legacy tools and legacy thinking.
Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.