Senior Director, Business Development - Expedia Partner Solutions at Expedia Group
Senior Director Business Development
Expedia® Partner Solutions (EPS) brings the power of Expedia Group to thousands of partners around the world.
As Expedia Group’s B2B brand, our mission is to create new opportunities and work relentlessly to fuel our partners’ growth. Across the travel sector – from loyalty programs, airlines, travel agents, financial institutions, corporate travel management companies and online retailers – we provide partners with the worldwide rates, availabilities and innovative technology they need to get a competitive edge. By offering partners the flexibility to use our products in the way that best suits their business – whether that’s a fully-customizable environment through our APIs, an ‘off-the-shelf’ white label or co-branded template solution or agent booking and service tools – we give them even more opportunities to build the perfect experience for their travelers.
The Senior Director of North America Business Development, for Expedia Partner Solutions, is responsible for leading the business development team in identifying, sourcing, evaluating and negotiating new, high-impact, strategic partnerships for Expedia Partner Solutions. This player/coach role requires the ability to not only cultivate relationships, quickly assess the attractiveness of potential opportunities, perform financial analysis and lead all facets of structuring, negotiating and closing partnerships, but also successfully direct a team and the overall business development strategy end-to-end.
What you’ll do:
- Assume overall responsibility for leading business development initiatives, including a team of regional business development leaders as direct reports
- Responsible for generating a steady pipeline of high-impact partnership opportunities through actively sourcing new opportunities as well as assessing inbound inquiries
- Lead strategic planning process to develop sales metrics, financial targets and critical achievements on an ongoing basis
- Develop a detailed understanding of Expedia’s products and technology and strategically and enthusiastically convey these solutions to potential partners
- Track and evaluate partner technology requirements and work with product and technical teams to ensure proper prioritization of roadmap
- Conduct detailed and accurate quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess viability of potential new business opportunities. Develop deal models and forecasts with EPS finance partners
- Think and work through complex deal structures with multiple variables and terms
- Lead deal structuring and commercial negotiations and drive the contract process in a thorough and efficient manner
- Develop new processes to optimize and increase team efficiency
- Establish positive relationships within Expedia’s various supply and operational functions to help operationalize new strategic partnerships
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA or equivalent required
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience in business development and partnerships in the technology or internet sector
- Knowledge of travel industry preferred and previous experience with travel technology products and operations strongly desired
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility and accountability
- Experience creating and negotiating complex commercial models
- Previous experience leading a national team of direct reports
- Very strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed for deadlines and partner demands
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills, including the creation and presentation of proposals to senior level executives; excellent business writing skills with strong attention to detail
- Effective listening and consultative selling skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.