Senior Director, Business Development at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a versatile, execution-focused leader to drive the performance and growth of strategic business lines. This role will be to support long-term strategic business initiatives including international expansion and other special projects designed to increase the intrinsic value of the company outside of its core North American, Trupanion-branded subscription business.
In this role, you will report to the Chief Strategy Officer within the Strategic Business group leading new business development and international expansion. You will work with the senior leadership team to ensure that business development projects are appropriately timed and resourced. You will ensure that business development projects are well understood throughout Trupanion and particularly within the senior leadership team. You will collaborate with business leaders, external partners, and execution-focused teams to move elements of business development initiatives forward. In addition, you will be involved in researching new strategic business opportunities, develop business plans, project-manage, and quickly pivot to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
If you are a leader who builds trusting relationships, uses data and streamlined processes to improve outcomes, delivers results, has an international approach, and is comfortable operating in environments where there is no objectively correct approach or solution, you will thrive in this role!
- Supervising current and future strategic business initiatives, partnerships, and joint ventures, identifying and measuring metrics to make data-driven strategic decisions
- Researching, identifying, and launching new businesses and partnerships, including launching the Trupanion-branded product in new geographies
- Communicating and collaborating with internal business teams on strategic business initiatives
- Leading regular strategic business reviews with internal and external partners
- Building trusted and productive working relationships with Trupanion teams and external partners
- Representing the strategic business development team among the other department leaders on the senior leadership team
- P&L responsibilities for certain strategic business units
- Fostering an inspiring and challenging environment that is organized and clear in its decision-making and communications
- 10+ years of developing and leading the execution of business strategies
- Experience researching and developing business opportunities, creating business plans, creating critical initiatives, evaluating important metrics and adjusting strategic execution based on data.
- Experience working with business partners, merger integrations and joint ventures
- Experience managing financial statements and important metrics for products and services.
- Experience leading and mentoring cross-functional teams (global team leadership preferred)
- Animal background a plus. Love for pets required.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.