Senior Director, Sales, Americas at Expedia Group
Egencia is seeking to continue to build upon its momentum in the Americas, whilst finding a step change to unlock continued commercial growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Egencia Americas’ sales team in identifying, sourcing, evaluating and negotiating new, high-impact opportunities with multinational & global organizations. You will not only cultivate relationships, quickly assess the attractiveness of potential opportunities, perform financial analysis and lead all facets of structuring, negotiating and closing partnerships, but also successfully coach and mentor a team and lead the overall business development strategy end-to-end.
To be successful, you’ll be an accountable growth-minded leader, with experience of leveraging change leadership and data to lead a sales organization. You will need to be an experienced and effective people leader, capable of evolving a high-performing sales teams, transforming cultures & holistic systems, and evangelizing a unifying vision to continuously steer, motivate and develop a high-energy customer-focused team.
What you’ll do:
- Assume overall responsibility for leading Egencia’s sales initiatives across the Americas, with a focus on enterprise sales with multinational & global corporations.
- Leading a team of regional sales leaders as direct reports with the core goal of exceeding quarterly sales and revenue targets.
- Responsible for generating a steady pipeline of high-impact sales opportunities through actively sourcing new opportunities as well as assessing inbound inquiries.
- Build and execute commercial initiatives to drive growth, profitability and organizational efficiency. Solve complex business problems and build multi-year strategies.
- Lead the strategic planning process to develop sales metrics, financial targets and critical achievements on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively synchronize across the region to ensure the team are on track to deliver against target and address any potential roadblocks quickly, transparently and efficiently. Proactively identify factors affecting performance and deliver timely and relevant intelligence.
- Lead deal structuring and commercial negotiations and drive the contract process in a thorough and efficient manner. Develop and work through complex deal structures with multiple variables and terms
Who you are:
- Must have B2B experience in enterprise sales/SaaS environment.
- Demonstrable track-record as a team leader delivering regional commercial targets in a B2B environment.
- Experience implementing rigor and defined B2B sales methodologies and holding teams accountable.
- Experience within a fast-growing environment, with the agility to also transition and operate in a larger dynamic multinational company.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility and accountability.
- Experience creating and negotiating complex commercial models.
- Strategic thinker able to synchronize across diverse opportunities, combined with pragmatic, tactical execution. Has an analytically minded approach with demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills.
- Inclusive stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. Ability to navigate the complexities of multiple internal and external partners, with experience leading teams collaboratively based in multiple countries and time zones.
- Demonstrates excellent business judgment and ability to move and evolve with the fast-changing needs of the company.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.