Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) leverages the best of the Expedia Group’s partner-facing APIs and template products with a laser focus on B2B, powering hundreds of partners around the world.
As part of the EPS Enterprise Solutions leadership team, you will lead the team that manages some of the world’s largest and well-known loyalty travel platforms. You will be the commercial leader accountable for delivering the end-to-end travel platform for one of our largest Financial Institution partnerships.
Sales, negotiations, complex project management and influencing skills will be called upon daily in this fast paced, agile and complex environment. Your ability to navigate senior management and understand the political pressures will be a prerequisite for this role as you will embody true customer-centricity and have the vision to create differentiated and market leading products and services.
The key to success in this role will be the ability to build strong customer relationships at all levels and across functions of a partner organization. You will also have the ability to envision and execute against a strategy for creating a best-in-class travel loyalty program. Thriving in ambiguity and relishing the opportunity to solve big problems for strategic customers and your ability to influence and lead across a highly matrixed set of internal and external organizations will be imperative. Additionally, having the ability to simplify complex problems and demonstrate an extreme bias to action will contribute to the positive impact you have.
This role can be based in either Seattle, WA or or Chicago, IL.
What you’ll do:
- Setting the product vision with key strategic partners in the Financial institution and Membership loyalty space, providing market input to the business and products.
- Team leadership: directly leading and coaching a team of account managers and indirectly leading a large product, customer service, and engineering teams. You will coach the teams and support team and individual growth and development. Once objectives are set, you will motivate and influence team commitment so that key results can be achieved.
- Supporting commercial negotiations for partnership expansions and renewals.
- Leading strategy with our customer care teams to provide world class customer service.
- Implement the right processes, operational tools, and metrics to deliver world-class commercial operations.
- Partner with the client to innovate and drive valuable customer marketing initiatives.
- Build relationships across internal partners and teams.
- Leading the organization through change and transformation.
- You will be expected to leverage data and analytics to make rapid and informed decisions. Your ability to build business rigor by establishing key objectives that are clear and frequently communicated will be extremely important.
- Create a vibrant, energized and enthusiastic commercial culture for EPS.
Who you are:
- Global B2B sales experience within a fast-paced, methodical and process-orientated environment. Strong business acumen with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Product experience, within a technology environment.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, a high level of ambition for growth.
- Recognized as a true people leader and will have demonstrated the ability to organize, recruit, retain, motivate and develop a cohesive and high-performance team across a spread of geographies.
- Ability to scale an organization to meet the needs of growth and demonstrate a clear understanding of creating the relevant structures and incentives to support business objectives.
- A team player, who has thrived in demanding, intellectually charged environments, has strong convictions and has the ability to win credibility and contribute across the breadth of a business and its senior management team
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus, but not essential.
- Experience partnering with several global business leaders (at SVP-level) and ideally within the global customer success, operations and account management domain.
- Shows curiosity to learn and thrives on the pursuit of exceptional results.
- You are flexible and are solution-oriented. You are comfortable during times of ambiguity and adept at managing change.
- Extraordinary analytical, critical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills, with the drive to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements and opportunities into specific initiatives.
- Great interpersonal and relationship skills with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.