Corporate Development Manager
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a strong, personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you aren’t interested in being integrated into the business, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll sometimes be a “one-person show” but you’ll work with our consultants on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are seeking a Corporate Development Manager, to support WMP’s internal M&A activities including generating, managing and executing mergers and acquisitions, minority investments, and strategic partnerships. This professional will be a key business partner and will be highly visible at the most senior levels at West Monroe Partners, including CEO, CFO, COO, and Board of Directors. Your work will have a direct impact on the firm’s strategic direction, top-line growth and profitability.
West Monroe Partners is looking for motivated candidates with transaction experience in corporate development, investment banking, management consulting or other transaction-related experiences. The ideal candidate will be strategic, driven, and analytical with ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and thrives in a fast pace and dynamic environment.
In this position you will:
- Monitor M&A landscape and key corporate announcements to develop view on key industry activities and overall market trends
- Identify appropriate acquisition opportunities that support WMP’s strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Support all aspects of the M&A process, including market research, business case development, strategic/financial analysis, and valuation
- Evaluate benefits of potential acquisitions and manage the process of building both internal and external consensus
- Manage multiple acquisition opportunities simultaneously and lead all pre-transaction diligence efforts
- Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- Establish the ongoing processes improvements, skill sets, and review methodology to improve and enhance our corporate development competency
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MBA a plus
- 6+ years’ experience in corporate development, investment banking, management consulting or other transaction-related experience
- Proven project management experience (manage multiple project timelines with extended cross functional teams) with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with prior experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations
- Able to work independently and as a team player in coordinating and driving acquisitive growth processes
- Leadership skills to lead teams by influence, activating others to execute and drive results by working across departments in matrixed environment
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Upbeat, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
- Ability to travel ~35% of the time