Director, Professional Services
ExtraHop’s team is growing and looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers!
Big Data, the cloud, elastic computing, SaaS, AWS, BYOD, HPC, SDN – we do it all. The solutions we build at ExtraHop are transforming the IT industry. From retail websites and point-of-sale systems to financial services and the healthcare industry, ExtraHop provides a mission-critical solution to enable modern businesses to manage security and performance demands for their growing application and IT infrastructures.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a high profile leader of our Professional Services offerings, this role will establish the strategic vision and operational structure for our Solutions Architect, Analysis and Project Management capabilities and work collaboratively with Sales and Customer Success to blend those offerings into our overarching customer strategy.
In this role you’ll oversee our Solutions Architect organization, which plays a critical role for our customers by configuring & deploying ExtraHop, building unique capabilities and deploying new integrations throughout the customer life cycle. You will also manage our growing Analyst services, creating on-demand and scheduled reports providing network and security insights and analysis to our customers. The team also includes a growing Project Management capability, providing complex project oversight and guidance.
This position requires both the expertise to manage the organization’s P&L and achieve revenue-related KPIs while zealously driving a customer-centric culture that emphasizes customer results and providing maximum value from ExtraHop for our customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Refine and develop ExtraHop Professional Services strategy, ensuring that Professional Services are aligned with customer needs.
- Design and deploy new service offerings to promote customer success and increase revenue and account development.
- Collaborate with Customer Success to operationalize a system to measure customer health and maturity and align service offerings to appropriate customer use cases.
- Work with Sales to ensure Professional Service offerings are correctly scoped, positioned and priced during the pre-sales process.
- Work with channel partners and subcontractors on enablement, shadowing, and knowledge transfer. Maintain enablement materials for internal and external use.
Management & Leadership:
- Directly manage a team of Practice Managers, overseeing the Solutions Architect team as well oversee PS Operations, Project Management and Analytical service teams.
- Monitor team performance, utilization levels, coordination effectiveness and quality of deliverables.
- Play a leading role within the Customer Success leadership team, providing input and support for CS team operations and programs.
- Regularly collaborate with members of Sales, Marketing and Product to educate and train personnel on service offerings and cross-team operations.
- Engage active customers and pre-sales prospects to advise on ExtraHop services and promote customer engagement.
- Participate in customer conferences, high priority QBRs and other customer-facing functions.
- Consistently achieve revenue and customer success-related KPIs.
- Work with Finance to effectively forecast PS revenue performance, identify and proactively address barriers to reaching KPIs.
- Consistently report on PS operational status to internal stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate is an experienced Professional Services leader from a network technology provider, SaaS or other technology service provider. The candidate should have a demonstrated history of excellence leading teams in a customer-facing capacity. The candidate should also have:
- Passion and sensitivity for customers and promoting their success as well as growing the Professional Services business.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Information Technology, particularly networking and systems administration.
- Demonstrated success at the Director level, overseeing multiple organizations and a leadership team. Personnel management and player/coach experience.
- Entrepreneurial - you understand how to build and grow a successful business and are able to adapt and innovate to advance capabilities both incrementally or radically when required.
- Experience with Professional Services project scoping, creation of Statements of Work, and providing audit documentation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to comfortably present to C-level executives, ExtraHop leadership and other forums.
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law