Executive Assistant to the CEO at DreamBox Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:28 p.m. (PST) on Friday, July 17, 2020
STEM skills are increasingly important to our future workforce, yet more than 60% of students in kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math within their own grade-level. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and reaching their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology that inspires students and empowers teachers.
At DreamBox, we’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. We believe all children can excel at learning, no matter where they start, where they live, or who they are. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning™ platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 3 million kids and over 130,000 teachers improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. And as a rapidly growing tech company, we are just getting started. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
About the Role:
We are looking for a seasoned, C-level Executive Assistant to help us achieve our mission of changing the way the world learns. Our company’s mission and growth have recently been fueled by an investment by TPG’s Rise and Growth fund. This means we are aggressively pursuing organic and inorganic opportunities to expand our reach to help kids learn regardless of zip code. As a result, our CEO is seeking a highly-skilled EA with an uncanny ability to satisfy multiple stakeholders; the diplomacy to resolve competing priorities gracefully; the organization and flexibility to manage complex calendars, travel itineraries, events/meetings, and reporting; and the desire to represent the values of DreamBox to internal and external executives, clients, investors, advisors.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage and maintain complex calendars to ensure accurate scheduling and time management
- Develop a deep understanding of what is critical to the business, allowing you to make the appropriate decisions for calendar management
- Plan travel itineraries and monitor travel to trouble-shoot changes in flights, meeting schedules, ground transportation, etc.
- Prepare expense reports and complete other required administrative tasks in a compliant and timely manner
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for internal leadership offsite and other events including venue selection, meeting details, and material preparation
- Partner closely with the marketing team and external PR firm for speaking and other external engagements to make sure the CEO is well prepared with onsite logistical support, presentation materials, background briefs, etc.
- Collaborate closely with Executive Team members and their junior EAs to support executive team activities
- Help manage social media accounts for the CEO
- Maintain complete confidentiality on all sensitive business and personal matters with tact and professionalism
- Gracefully adjust to frequent changes within a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with a flexible, adaptive mindset
- Help prepare reports, presentations, and other documents needed to support a wide variety of internal and external needs
- Build strong, productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to represent the CEO and DreamBox with integrity and cordiality
- Facilities management & communication
- 5 or more years of supporting a C-level or other senior leader
- Experience in complex organizations and the ability to navigate across hierarchical and horizontal boundaries
- Experience managing external board commitments for a private company, non-profits, and public boards
- Prior success in Private Equity-backed firms, holding companies, companies with multiple business units, geographically disperse organizations or other institutions that require diplomacy and persistence in equal measures to foster productive relationships
- Expert level PowerPoint skills as well as expert-level skills on the Apple (IOs) platform
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and the ability to learn other business applications quickly
- Comfortable working with a Mac
- Impeccable attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong written (and oral) communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to diverse individuals and groups both inside and outside of the organization
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude and personal pride in supporting others
- Associate degree and/or other advanced certification in business administration, project management, executive support, etc. Bachelor’s degree a plus
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description