Executive Assistant at Karat
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.Executive Assistant at Karat
As an Executive Assistant at Karat, you will act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients, and other external partners. You will ensure information flows in a timely and accurate manner, managing our Co-founders’ calendars and set up meetings. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have strong time management skills, and be able to act independently.Core Responsibilities
- Prioritize goals according to the executives' guidance
- Be a strategic partner in calendar management and time allocation
- Plan and execute internal and external meetings
- Be a gatekeeper and advocate for the executives time allocation and work/life balance
- Coordinate travel for the leadership team
- Prepare monthly expense reports
- Communicate with minimal guidance on behalf of the executive
- Ensure timely communications with airtight confidentiality
- Identify potential issues for escalation
- Track and monitor pending projects for follow-up and execution
- Serve as a liaison across teams within the company
- Act as the point of contact between executives and employees/clients
- 4+ years providing direct administrative support to multiple executives with different personalities and work styles
- Collaborative and lovely to work with
- Adaptable and resourceful in a dynamic environment
- An expert multi-tasker with the ability to manage many priorities at once
- Incredibly detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- A self-starter: you can take even the smallest project and run with it to the successful completion
- Comfortable working in a hyper-growth environment
- Will exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of Karat
- Experience working on a remote team or in a mix of on-site and remote teams
- Experience with Google suite, Gmail and slack or with similar tools
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.