Senior Manager, Revenue & Business Strategy at Postmates Inc.
Finance & Accounting at Postmates
We’re strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers tackling mission-critical initiatives that impact millions of customers, merchants, and couriers in our three-sided marketplace every day. We’re laser-focused on delivering bold financial solutions and decisions that help Postmates scale and continue its rapid growth as the first on-demand urban logistics platform.WHAT WE DO
The Revenue & Business Strategy Team at Postmates works on solving key business problems. Our team mission is to empower the company to achieve its long-term financial objectives, identify new growth opportunities and address key challenges. We utilize data-driven analysis to assess, influence and execute on strategic monetization initiatives in close partnership with cross-functional leaders.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Senior Manager on the team, you will provide critical financial and business insights to support Postmates’ executive team. Your time will span both strategy (deal analysis and structuring, new initiative sizing, assessment of new monetization streams) and execution (putting plans into action). You are an expert in quantitative analysis who enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems, and you are able to effectively synthesize and present your insights to influence decisions.
In this role, you will report into the VP of Revenue & Business Strategy. Your views will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You will work closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders in Finance and across the company to drive effective decision making, while being a mentor to the junior members of the team. You must be personable, curious, proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills and excellent written/verbal communication abilities.OUR REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of experience in finance or analytics at a tech company, investment banking, venture capital or management consulting (or 3+ years and a Master’s degree)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Economics, Statistics) or MBA preferred
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- SQL knowledge required
- Proven history of implementing and executing business ideas
- Relentless focus on metrics, goals and detail
- Scrappy and entrepreneurial mindset
- Top-notch communication, verbal and written skills
- Capable of operating independently in a remote team environment, effectively managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
- Postmates customer
- Consumer tech experience
- Strong interest in pricing, supply-demand economics, growth or marketplaces
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.