Senior Director Program Management at Expedia Group
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Our Expedia Flights team is dedicated to building experiences that help travelers like you go places and makes our world more connected. We are a global team with representation in the United States, Mexico, Australia and India. Our Flights Shopping Platform is one of the largest in the world serving over 150 million queries a day and powering some of the strongest brands in the industry like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wotif, Hotwire and ebookers. Expedia disrupted the airline industry with its flight shopping and booking technology 20 years ago. We always want to “be the place travelers choose to explore and book flights for a trip” and are looking for talent to join us.
Our Transportation Line of Businesses Group includes all Product, Technology and Strategy teams that build the Customer Facing and Supply Connections technologies for our Air, Car & Cruise businesses.
The Air product is one of the first touch points we have with travelers in our efforts to help them with their trip across all Expedia Groups Platforms (including Expedia, Cheaptickets, Orbitz, Wotif, eBookers, Travelocity, Expedia Partner Solutions, etc.). Building the right shopping experience is foundational to driving a meaningful customer acquisition and engagement platform and is also a core driver of growth for the other businesses within the Expedia portfolio. Expedia's Air business is directly responsible for nearly 40% of visitors to our leisure sites. The Air retail product & tech team is responsible for setting and executing upon the overall vision and strategy for growth for the Air business across retail, marketing, supply and customer service.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver the future of transportation at Expedia.
- Key member of the Air Leadership and Transportation Leadership team for Expedia Group, working in closer partnership with Data Science, UX, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Strategy and Supply.
- Be passionate about and be an advocate for the whole business across Expedia Group; having a business owner mindset and champions the air business in all aspects.
- Act as a role model, be a well-respected leader, for all employees in areas of customer-first thinking, product fundamentals, and technical acumen.
- Building consensus across a large global organization; you will work closely with peers across various lines of business and all brands within Expedia Group to build new and improve the air product and experience.
- Lead the Air Program and a program manager, demonstrate effective leadership and mentoring skills and an ability to grow, develop and motivate teams
Who you are:
- 10+ years of successful program management leadership experience in mobile & web-based eCommerce products
- Must be well versed and experienced with consumer technology and/or eCommerce business
- Proven excellence leading diverse functional and globally dispersed teams in high-impact initiatives that deliver meaningful business results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action
- Be self-directed and able to move forward in a somewhat ambiguous environment
- Curious and highly analytical, adept at using data to uncover hidden customer needs and deeply understand key business drivers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; simplify, clarify and succinctly convey complex information and ideas to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Creative thinker with extraordinary business, strategic, analytical, management and relationship skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.