Area Vice President, Enterprise Financial Services (West) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world above $1 billion, and we believe it’s the great people who will keep us there. We hire carefully, we hire the best, we celebrate our people. Come join our Sales A-team.
We are looking for a proven, experienced sales leader to be responsible for the overall sales strategy and execution for sales in our largest customers and prospective customers in the West. They will implement and execute growth plans to create demand in the market while leading, developing and managing a team of field-based senior sales account executives, in a matrixed sales model. The sales leader will be focused on over-achieving with strong management skills and a consistent track record of exceeding quota in a fast-paced sales environment. They will be a strategic, analytical thinker and know how to leverage data to make decisions and execute on annual and quarterly sales plans focused on selling to our most strategic Enterprise accounts. They will have a high level of integrity, strong presentation and communication skills, and a passion for winning.
What you get to do in this role:
- Continue to scale and grow a territory by meeting and exceeding an assigned team quota
- Execute on both vertical and horizontal sales strategies
- Manage and lead a team of three to five 1st line sales managers who have five to seven
- individual contributors (Client Director/ Enterprise Account Executives) reporting to them.
- Empower and guide your team to build strategic account plans that focus on longer term joint success of ServiceNow and the customer
- Leverage a matrixed sales structure
- Work with solution consulting, professional services, product line sales experts
- Manage your team talent development and consistent recruiting practices
- Be a trusted advisor and leader who sets a high bar, leading from the front
- Establish and nurture relationships at the highest levels of organizations
- Manage accurate forecasting and communications on a daily basis
- Drive customer success practices across your area
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years’ experience managing a team of field-based sales representatives in a matrixed sales environment in the enterprise software space to enterprise customers (over 5,000 employees) with a focus on selling industry specific solutions in Financial Services, Wealth Management and Insurance is highly preferred.
- Strong experience managing multi-tiered customer relationships; demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding team quotas selling to large accounts (10,000+ employees)
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing high performing, high potential talent through assessing, selecting, onboarding, coaching, and developing
- A track record of managing a growing team in different geographical locations across the Western US
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills of sales techniques, customer interaction, customers relations
- Strong forecasting and reporting capabilities
- A proven and consistent track record selling to large enterprise level customers and established relationship at the C-suite level
- Strong organization, communication, teamwork, presentation, problem-solving and time management skills
- Experience inspiring the team to follow defined best practices
- The ability to navigate and collaborate through complex opportunities
- A competitive, can do, optimistic, realistic attitude, strong work ethic, humility and excellent team building communication and listening skills
Travel up to 50%. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, travel requirements are limited until further notice.
- A Bachelor’s degree; an MBA is a plus
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and positive attitude will have opportunities to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.