Business Development Executive, Healthcare at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a strong, personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you aren’t interested in being integrated into the business, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven sales professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll sometimes be a “one-person show” but you’ll work with our consultants on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
With over 15% growth expected in 2018, and over 30% growth within our Healthcare and Life Sciences practice, West Monroe Partners is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our expanding presence on the West Coast. This role can be based out of Seattle or San Francisco. Specifically, driving new management/technology consulting business in the Healthcare Industry with a focus on health plans and health system opportunities. You will provide support to the delivery teams and practice leaders, including the West Coast and National Practice, on a variety of new business initiatives. This is an outstanding role for a sales and account management professional with industry relationships to drive network-based sales pursuits. We offer highly competitive Compensation and Benefits packages.
What will you be doing?
- Leverage your personal network of Healthcare relationships nationally (with a focus in Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles and across the West Coast) to secure executive-level introduction meetings to generate in new business
- Research new prospects, new contacts, and map/segment the national marketplace; and manage and grow contacts
- Attend industry conferences to introduce West Monroe to new prospects and understand the latest industry trends
Sales Leadership/Market Segmentation
- Lead personal, networked-based sales pursuits
- Work with the West Coast Leadership, Healthcare practice leaders, and national Healthcare team to develop the health system and/or life science segments of the Healthcare Practice
- Continually scan the marketplace for pending RFPs/RFIs at health system and/or life science Healthcare prospects
Target Account Strategy
- Provide leadership around the sales pursuit process and proposal delivery teams for Key Accounts
- Identify and develop unique, industry-specific alliance partners that can drive leads to West Monroe Partners
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the issues and solutions (business and technical) in the Healthcare Industry
- Strong Washington-based or California-based and West Coast-based industry contacts are required; national industry contacts preferred
- Ability to achieve an annual revenue target of $2 Million
- 10-15+ years’ experience working in a Business Development role, with a proven track record of success
- Experience selling software/technology, outsourcing or similar technical services. Experience selling project-based consulting services preferred
- Knowledge of the latest trends in the Healthcare Industry, specifically within health plans and/or health systems, and a solid grounding in business concepts and dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Able to work independently and as a team player in coordinating and driving sales processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Aggressive self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Membership and participation in business community associations
- Ability to travel on short notice
West Monroe seeks collaborative, enthusiastic and professional individuals to join our success-driven culture. So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your muscles in a high-energy environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.