Business Manager II
Do you enjoy bringing operational efficiency and structure to teams so that they can scale and get more done? Are you comfortable challenging norms and using your powers of persuasion to influence change? While you enjoy being part of a team, does your true passion lie in working behind-the-scenes? If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, and you consistently go above and beyond to provide the best levels of service, then we want to meet you!
We are looking for a Business Manager to join Expedia’s Global Marketing Organization (GMO) technology team to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations. Reporting to the VP of Technology, you will help run business processes, organize global events and meetings, and implement programs to allow the technology to run efficiently.
What you will do:
Manage the GMO Technology Team’s budget and headcount
- Ensure that the recruiting pipeline and headcount of the team are managed in a predictable process and that the information flows seamlessly into the greater organization’s headcount process
- Work with the VP of Technology and greater Finance team to understand the budget and how the team is adhering to it
- Strategize with the VP of Technology to ensure efficient spend and operations of the technology team
- Coordinate & Plan Global Meetings
- Partner with teams to prepare for monthly leadership and employee-wide meetings, including identifying topics, gathering content, and building presentations
- Set timelines and manage expectations with internal partners; gather and follow up on action items
- Review and provide feedback on submitted content, and coach team members on presentation skills
Manage Internal Communications
- Keep team Confluence up-to-date with processes, information and resources
- Manage process for collecting and drafting bi-weekly leadership updates
- Communicate changes to key partners and ensure understanding and compliance
Support Cross-Functional Activities
- Provide general program management support for initiatives and special projects
- Identify gaps and drive improvements to resolution with the necessary teams and partners
- Liaise with other Business Operations teams to identify, implement and share key learnings and best practices across organizations
What you will bring:
- Experience with business operations budgeting for teams and prior work with finance organizations
- Strong social skills. We interact with a wide range of team members across different levels and areas of expertise and to be effective you need to rely on your exceptional interpersonal skills to influence and build trust.
- Flexibility. We work in a dynamic environment that requires us to regularly re-evaluate and reset priorities. You should be comfortable adapting to changing circumstances while still achieving results in a timely manner. You should also be ready and willing to jump in and help our global teams when needed.
- Drive for excellence. Good may be good enough for some, but we strive for better than great. We’re continually looking for ways to improve processes and efficiencies in order to help teams achieve their goals faster. But we don’t stop at just operational excellence - we constantly seek out and provide feedback to one another so that we become better as individuals.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. You’ll be handling multiple projects and programs with competing deadlines and conflicting priorities. We are efficient without compromising on the quality of our work or letting deadlines slip. This means not just staying on top of key partners and contributors but ensuring all of the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed – then checking everything again, just to be sure.
- Sense of ownership. You’re an excellent teammate who will work with us to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions. You’re also a self-starter who takes the initiative to identify problems and manage projects without a lot of supervision, but you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
You should also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced level of knowledge of Excel, and collaboration software such as Trello, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for building and enabling high-performing teams
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.