Director, Business Development - Airline Partnerships at Expedia Group
Expedia® Partner Solutions (EPS) brings the power of Expedia Group to thousands of partners around the world.
As Expedia Group’s B2B brand, our mission is to create new opportunities and work relentlessly to fuel our partners’ growth. Across the travel sector – from loyalty programs, airlines, travel agents, financial institutions, corporate travel management companies and online retailers – we provide partners with the worldwide rates, availabilities and innovative technology they need to get a competitive edge. By offering partners the flexibility to use our products in the way that best suits their business – whether that’s a fully-customizable environment through our APIs, an ‘off-the-shelf’ white label or co-branded template solution or agent booking and service tools – we give them even more opportunities to build the perfect experience for their travelers.
The Director, Business Development - Airline Partnerships is responsible for developing airline segment strategy, and prospecting, signing, and launching new partnerships for the North America region. This role requires you to be tenacious, creative, collaborative, and eager to tackle long-term challenges. You will need the ability to cultivate relationships with airline prospects and partners, quickly assess the attractiveness of potential opportunities, and lead all facets of structuring, negotiating and closing partnerships.What you’ll do:
- Develop a detailed understanding of Expedia’s products and technology, and strategically and enthusiastically convey these solutions to potential partners.
- Track and evaluate partner technology requirements and work with product and technical teams to ensure proper prioritization of roadmap.
- Work collaboratively to work through complex deals with multiple variables, terms, and product requirements.
- Conduct detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess viability of potential new business and channel opportunities.
- Evaluate connectivity options to arm EPS with distribution channels necessary to penetrate new channels and market opportunities.
- Lead deal structuring, commercial negotiations, and drive the contract process in a thorough and efficient manner.
- Attend and be the voice of EPS at relevant industry conferences and events, and make frequent visits to prospects and partners.
- Establish positive relationships within Expedia’s various supply and operational functions to help execute new strategic partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in business development and partnerships in the technology or internet sector.
- Airline industry experience, and previous experience with travel technology products and operations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through a long sales cycle or project from start-to-finish.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility and accountability.
- Experience creating and negotiating complex commercial models.
- Strong critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Effective listening and consultative selling skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills, including the creation and presentation of proposals to senior level executives; excellent business writing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of time), and work occasional nights and weekends as needed for deadlines and partner demands.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campusExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.