Sales Account Manager at Nori
You’ll be joining the growing sales team at Nori as an account manager. Initially, your responsibilities will include helping to refine a sales process, from top of the funnel to bottom. Your main responsibilities will include maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers, documenting and communicating customer needs to internal stakeholders, tracking and recording customer trends and needs, and of course up-selling or re-engaging customers into new sales of Nori Carbon Removal Tonnes (NRTs). You will report directly to Nori’s Director of Corporate Development.Summary of Nori
Nori is a startup founded in October 2017 with the mission to enable global engagement to reverse climate change via carbon removal. By providing a marketplace where anyone in the world can pay for and get paid for removing and storing atmospheric carbon dioxide, Nori acts as a financial mechanism that will create new opportunities for climate innovation and carbon removal.
We’re upgrading on the carbon offset space. Historically, carbon offsets have been so opaque that people lose confidence that the projects actually made an impact. And the offsets that did happen were 95% of the time only reducing or avoiding future emissions—not negating or reversing emissions.
Nori is different in three key ways. First, Nori only supports carbon removal, or carbon sequestration, which is the only method that can actually reverse/negate carbon emissions. Second, Nori is the only platform with an end-to-end marketplace of credits. Because we work directly with project owners who “supply carbon removal”, maintain the retirement of carbon removal credits, and track this all on the blockchain, Nori is providing a transparent and credible way to pay for carbon removal directly from project developers without excessive middleman price markups.
Using Nori’s API, businesses can integrate payment for carbon removal directly into their own platforms, and engage directly with their customers at checkout or in-app. They can immediately provide information on the removal project and show the customer’s name on the certificate.
We highly recommend that you review the information about Nori and its team before applying to this position at https://nori.com/careers.
Knowing us better will save you time, allowing you to assess whether or not we are a good fit for each other, and will also give you better context for completing the job application below.
The role of Sales Account Manager
As our new Sales Account Manager, you’ll be a key part of our sales team, a critical point of connection between our customers and our team, and your success will directly compound the value of the company. You will report to the Director of Corporate Development. This role is based in Seattle.Accountabilities
- Maintain relationships with existing customers, and up-sell them into recurring subscription service (i.e. buy recurring carbon removal).
- Document and communicate customer feedback to the team.
- Track trends in the marketplace based on customer data, behaviors, and feedback.
- Work with the sales team to improve collateral & customer-facing communications.
- Organize and maintain our CRM
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Number of customers who have been sold/upsold or recaptured to recurring sales.
- % growth of recurring topline B2B sales revenue.
- Speed of NRT sales to close.
- Customer satisfaction scores from your accounts.
You are a great fit if you have:
- Experience with sales—ideally B2B sales—or evidence that you will excel in sales.
- Knowledge of carbon markets and/or agricultural carbon credits.
- Experience writing & submitting responses to RFPs.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and maintaining CRMs in an effective manner.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deep experience with two-sided marketplaces
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Familiarity with Steve Blank’s Customer Development process
- Handle a steep learning curve
- Work with honesty and integrity
- Are resourceful and proactive to spot opportunities and suggest solutions
- Address team dynamics with a focus on continuous improvement
- Know how to measure progress meaningfully
- Stay playful and light without taking things too seriously or personally
- Limit work in progress and stay focused on the current goal
- Assume best intentions from all you interact with
Key challenges in this role
There is a lot of ambiguity in what we’re building, and it’ll be up to you to work with the appropriate internal stakeholders to sort through all the concerns and suggested requirements to make sure we’re still hitting our deliverables. Nori’s offering to customers is constantly evolving and progressing. Your role in joining Nori at this time will help to shape the next evolution of how we provide carbon removal services to customers.
What’s the payoff for all this hard/fun work?
- You’re not just working at some mobile ads startup—you’re directly helping build products to reverse climate change.
- You get to work with world-renowned experts in carbon sequestration and marketplace economics.
- There is a steep learning curve here, and for people who get excited by that, there’s no better place to be.
- We have a competitive benefits package including 100% of health, dental, and vision benefits for you and dependents, four weeks PTO, stock options, and NORI tokens.
By joining Nori at this time, you’ll help to shape our culture and help us to grow the company we hope to become. You’ll be helping us to solve some of the biggest challenges when it comes to creating a marketplace for carbon removal, from teamwork to technical implementations. You’ll learn a lot about the environment and agriculture.
What’s in it for you
- 10% commission on sales of direct accounts
- Four weeks paid time off, increases to five weeks after your first year. Plus holidays. Taking time off is essential, and we want you to recharge in whatever ways you see fit.
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits covered for you and dependents. It’s a great plan with a very low deductible. With an insurance company called Premera that is beloved in the Seattle region.
- Stock options.
- NORI tokens, proportional to the stock options.
Additional requirements for this position
Nori is located in Seattle, WA. Relocation is not necessary until Summer 2021 at the earliest—dependent on safety from the pandemic. We are working remotely today, but plan to be back in our Seattle office once it is safe to do so. This role will require some travel in the future, but it is expected that most work will happen in the office.
How to apply to join our team as Sales Account Manager
On average, this form takes people between 30 min. to 60 min. to complete. How much time you invest is 100% up to you. However, please note that the more context and detail you provide, the more you'll get out of the exercise, and the easier it'll be for us to determine whether or not you'd be a fit for this role!
We strongly advise you to use your desktop computer (vs. your mobile device). Doing so will inspire you to produce a better writing sample.
Once you’ve submitted your form, you can expect to hear back from our team in the coming weeks.
Thank you in advance for your time!