Role: Senior Director, Global Sales Compensation
Reports to: Vice President, Sales Finance and Commercial Operations
Location: Santa Clara (HQ) or other Major US Cities
Built on a very simple concept, ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity to approximately 6,200 enterprise customers worldwide.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable, embrace a growth mindset, and constantly evolve. We are passionate about our purpose, and we live for our customers and employees. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are excited and humbled to be named a “Great Place to Work,” and a top U.S. employer by LinkedIn. We’re looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and bring their passion to everything they do.
As the Senior Director, Global Sales Compensation, you’ll be responsible for the end to end processes associated with our sales compensation program. This includes the plan design process, system implementation and administration, inquiry management and analytics as well as strong involvement in the financial metrics associated with the program.
In this role, you will work directly with executive stakeholders from Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, HR and other supporting organizations to define the strategic compensation initiatives that support the go to market strategies of the company. You will contribute sound business judgment and leverage a deep understanding of sales compensation to drive decision-making, problem solving and provide analytical insight to support strategic and tactical initiatives across the sales organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Partner with sales executives and other key stakeholders to identify strategic priorities that support our corporate initiatives and define internal and external business processes to achieve those objectives related to the global compensation program.
- Gather constructive feedback from a wide cross section of sales leaders, sales operations, finance, HR to create world class compensation plans that achieve desired outcomes.
- Drive the annual Sales Incentive Compensation planning and design process by creating the compensation plans and programs for the sales organization that incorporate quotas, accelerators, bonus programs and SPIFFs
- Define and implement an effective costing model associated with the sales compensation program and work collaboratively with finance to ensure expenses align with targets
- Representing the Sales organization, take the lead role in the system implementation of the incentive plans and programs for each fiscal year. In addition to the annual process, you will define additional key projects related to system enhancements drive those projects to completion
- Serve as an internal consultant to business leaders and executive leadership team on matters related to global compensation including job/role review, motivators, sales incentives design and administration
- Based on research, analysis and internal/ external benchmarking, provide senior leadership with recommendations on program effectiveness for future program enhancements
- Identify opportunities for process improvement; recommend solutions leveraging best practices. Develop and document processes/ procedures as appropriate. Collaborate with team members and management to prioritize opportunities to improve the workflows for the Compensation team
- Create and facilitate the enablement strategy to communicate the compensation program each year. Use of technology to enhance the strategy is highly recommended.
- Define and administer audit processes to maintain data integrity of assigned compensation programs/ processes; ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Support audit and/or control requirements as needed.
- Develop all policy documents related to the annual compensation program and communicate to all impacted groups
- Play a leadership role in new systems/technology projects that will have a direct impact to the sales compensation program to ensure data extraction/transfer remains seamless to the compensation application
- Manage and develop a team of analysts responsible for plan administration and field inquires, system development, metrics and reporting.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelors’ Degree required; MBA a plus
- Minimum 12 years of related work experience. Deep expertise in Sales Compensation required, preferably in the SaaS or software industry.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to proactively identify issues/questions, problem solve, and make tough decisions.
- Expert knowledge in sales incentive compensation concepts and plan structures, sales data tracking systems, processes, and methodologies.
- Ability to serve as strategic business partner and advisor to senior executive leaders, business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Proven organizational & management skills; effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects.
- Communication, negotiation, and listening skills; ability to effectively influence and handle conflict resolution.
- Strong presentation skills; emphasis on building compelling presentations and presenting decisions to executive leadership.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the organization on cross-functional initiatives.
- Highly developed analytical skills. Ability to define, measure, and plan performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvements and savings, demonstrable ability to use such data to shape, form, and influence best practices in sales incentive compensation plan design.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.