Director of Aviation Safety at EagleView
Pacific Fleet Aviation (PFA) is the EagleView inhouse flight department which uses fixed-wing piston aircraft to perform aerial surveying while assisting research and development of the engineering technology that enables aerial imaging. The PFA fleet operates throughout the United States.
EagleView is hiring a Director of Aviation Safety for Pacific Fleet Aviation (PFA). We are looking for a highly energetic and motivated individual of extraordinary character and capability to lead the safety program of our flight department into the future. The Director will provide a strong centralized and independent voice for all accident and injury prevention efforts across a geographically diverse 14 CFR 91 flight operation, advising fellow PFA leaders, and reporting to the EagleView Chief Operating Officer. The role is a remote position that should be located in the United States of America, preferably in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Ensure compliance with standards applicable to Part 91 of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations and any other internal or external influence as required
- Manage the Voluntary Safety Reporting System to detect and mitigate safety risks to aviation operations.
- Conduct safety investigations into high interest events and publish investigation reports containing findings, causes, and recommendations.
- Develop and teach safety courses for delivery via Learning Management System, face-to- face, or via Zoom.
- Serve as a leader and advocate for safety and continuous improvement within the PFA organization.
- Bring safety issues to the attention of management and deliver safety information to the organization's staff and stakeholders.
- Analyze data to identify trends in hazards, events, and occurrences.
- Serve as a point-of-contact for the organization for interaction with regulatory agencies.
- Conduct safety audits, surveys, and inspections.
- Develop and maintain reporting standards to meet regulatory requirements.
- Upkeep the flight department's Safety Management Manual, Emergency Response Plan, and Environmental Health and Safety Manual.
- Facilitate meetings of the Aviation Safety Board.
- Maintain safety records and data for analysis and review.
- Track, evaluate, and manage Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs) for the organization.
- Supervise the Aviation Safety Program Coordinator and any future hires into the PFA Safety Program.
- Travel up to 35% of the time (US/Canada).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in safety, aviation, business, leadership, psychology, or related field.
- Proven experience working in aviation operations.
- Proven experience in Safety and/or Quality Assurance.
- Experience managing or being a key part of an Aviation Safety Program.
- Familiarity with Part 91 operations.
- Experience with, or training in, safety investigations and causal analyses.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Proven ability to manage relationships and drive results.
- Strong leadership and/or management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt quickly.
- Well-organized, dependable, and self-sufficient.
- Graduate degree in safety, aviation, business, leadership, psychology, or related field.
- 10+ years of direct experience in aircraft operations and/or aircraft maintenance.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior manager or director-level equivalent leadership.
- Possession of FAA flight instructor or mechanic certificate.
- Experience working within an aviation safety program that promotes risk management and a healthy safety culture.
- Experience using safety management software.
- Experience with aerial survey or photography flying.
- Experience with light general aviation aircraft.
- Manual writing experience.