Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 150+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we’ve pioneered the market with the first-ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 12,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
Subsplash's Agile Management Office (AMO) exists to help Subsplash embrace and adopt Agile principles, values and practices to deliver results rapidly, transparently and consistently through healthy teams that nimbly adapt to change and lessons learned. We are a team of Scrum Masters who provide sustained, proactive, vocal coaching for Agile transformation throughout all departments and levels of leadership, encouraging and practicing agility in our mindset, values, and practices. This includes but is not limited to the adoption of and excellence in delivering value through the Scrum framework.
About the Role
As the ScrumMaster II, you will report to the Manager of Project/Program Management. In this role, you will contribute to Subsplash’s success by providing teams throughout the organization with a servant-leader who helps them deliver projects, removes hindrances, and improves our processes. The Scrum Master II is a key member of one or more teams and is responsible for championing, coaching, and assisting the teams and the business with understanding and practicing Agile values and principles. The Scrum Master II will - in any way possible - help their teams to continually deliver customer delight by working productively, sustainably and cooperatively toward desired project goals and business outcomes. Moreover, the Scrum Master II will be a facilitator of continuous improvement within their teams and help optimize the Product Team’s processes based on lessons learned.
Top 3 Key Outcomes in Year 1
- Develop a deep understanding of Subsplash processes through hands-on experience with a Scrum team or teams
- Establish great working relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts in all departments
- Appreciable growth in team(s) understanding and application of Scrum (and adjacent practices)
- Function as a servant-leader for 1 or more cross functional Scrum teams concurrently by:
- Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team on Agile principles and the Scrum framework to delight customers while self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in Agile frameworks
- Removing or guiding the team to remove impediments that impact their ability to be successful in delivering on business outcomes in a sustainable way (e.g. dependencies, outside distractions, or other forms of interference)
- Facilitate Scrum events (sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, sprint reviews, stakeholder reviews) and other product team events as needed
- Promoting and coaching team self-organization, facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Supporting and coaching your Product Owner(s) with respect to building and maintaining an actionable product backlog, keeping project/release plans current, internal and external communication, transparency, and radiating information
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Measures team performance using appropriate tools and techniques and uses information to support continuous improvement and a commitment to excellence
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Champions and teaches Agile & Scrum values and practices at all levels of the organization as opportunities arise, particularly with their teams’ immediate stakeholders
- Actively engage in their Community of Practice, including ownership of efforts to improve practices of Scrum Masters and their teams
- Apply knowledge of and experience in Agile frameworks and project management best practices where team / project leadership is required but Scrum may not be the appropriate framework
- Promotes adoption of the appropriate technical tools, techniques and best practices that support the organization’s Agile maturation (e.g. continuous integration, automated testing, paired programming, product and process analytics, etc.) with teams and functional management
- 4+ years of experience managing technology-oriented projects with one or more Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban). This should include 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- One or more of the following Scrum Master certifications: PSM I/II, A-CSM, PMI-ACP, SSM
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, listening & observing, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, team building, problem solving, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of Scrum principles and practices, including the ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Knowledge of other frameworks used in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile-oriented techniques that complement Scrum, including User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Test-driven Development, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Experience applying a wide variety of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: agile metrics, retrospective formats, methods for handling bugs/production, support team-building exercises, etc)
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, 401k (with employer match), Free Smoothies and Snacks, Optional Work-from-home Thursday’s, Public Transportation Subsidy.This position is classified as Full-time/Exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime pay. Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy that decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.