You are responsible for managing a team of field sales representatives selling Axon products and services to large law enforcement agencies. You will manage a team of approximately 10 individuals that are quota carrying, external field position.
At Axon, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company's mission, to protect life. This position will train and mentor reports to articulate complex solutions, build and maintain senior level relationships, navigate across customer agencies / units, and lead the Axon team. A successful Sales Director must understand how to motivate and mentor each and every individual on his or her team.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage and grow revenue and market share at designated agencies to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve Axon's strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain team relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth
- Results-Oriented: Meet and exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales revenue and productivity targets assigned
- Customer Experience: Ensure consistent delivery of amazing service
- Staffing: Accepts responsibility for the monthly revenue production of the sales headcount assigned. In the event of turnover, the Sales Director understands that replacement personnel must already be hired, trained and ready to perform
- Report Development: Monitor and track sales reports' individual performance, strengths and areas of opportunity, while also being able to clearly communicate evaluations and execute developmental steps (Performance Improvement Plans)
- Coach, develop, and mentor sales reports to drive continuous improvement in sales skills and product knowledge
- Coach reps through developing account strategy to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions
- Manage Activities: Ensure activity standards are being delivered. Demonstrate clear ability to correlate activity standards with Business Results. Ensure use of Salesforce.com and accuracy of metrics
- Role Model and Coach: The Axon Sales Director must be the most effective and skilled sales resource on the team. Able to teach sales skills and track record of exceeding annual sales objectives are fundamental requirements. The Axon Sales Director must be an exceptional representation of professionalism at all times
- Collaboration: Work with other Axon business functions to improve ability to improve the effectiveness of cross-functional processes
- Training: Work with other sales leads to identify, prepare and execute incremental sales skills or product training in order to improve close ratios and increase productivity
- Forecasting: Must be able to confidently predict daily/monthly/quarterly/annual sales bookings utilizing pipeline management for each sales report. Must commit and take responsibility for the accuracy and achievement of the sales forecast
- Reporting: Verify daily results, productivity measures, and assist with commission tracking
- Process Improvement: Interface with various groups within Axon to help improve the overall sales process as well as drive the strategic initiatives of the sales group
- Communication: Meet with each sales report individually for a weekly 1:1 to review previous month's results, lessons learned and areas for improvement. Regularly travel with reps to coach through sales and assist with the sales process
- The Axon Sales Director will demonstrate an understanding of how to motivate employees and have an understanding of how to manage recognition/rewards for employees.
- Performance Management: Coach lowest performers for improvement and replace those that do not respond.
- Spirit of Intent: Understanding of the essential role of Management is to deliver business results through people. The Axon Sales Director understands the responsibility of knowing and demonstrating the key values of Axon in everything that he/she does.
- 6-10+ years of combined demonstrated successful Enterprise Sales & Management experience.
- Proven track record of achieving measurable business results goals in a complex sales environment. Must demonstrate history of quantifiable success.
- Proven track ability to understand and act on information contained within a daily, metric-intense organization.
- Experience in creating constructive working relationships amongst departments.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organization skills.
- Proficient in SalesForce.com, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Willingness to travel 75%+
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...