Hello, we're Hiya
One of the fastest growing mobile startups in the world, Hiya is revolutionizing the way people make and receive phone calls. We enhance the phone experience by providing rich information to help users understand who is calling, let them block unwanted calls and to provide them with a simplified outbound calling experience directly from the dialer.
Why Work with Us?
At Hiya, we love what we do and we love who we do it with. We celebrate diversity and being our authentic selves, we have high standards of excellence, and we take real ownership and pride in our work.
An Insider's view of Hiya
What are some social events your company does?
we have a lot of social activities and events. Examples include annual team outings, summer party, holiday party, and various team lunches and happy hours. Sometimes teams have cross function team lunches or events too.
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
We include key members from each team(Client, QA, Gateway, Product) in the project kickoffs, sprint plannings, and retrospectives. We talk to each other constantly and have meetings when it's necessary to get things done. We also keep improving ourselves to make the next project better:)
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
I love the people at Hiya. Everyone I work with is determined, focused and relentless in achieving not only their personal goals, but also company goals. This makes Hiya the perfect recipe for growth. Over the past two years, I’ve learned multiple technologies and languages in different tech stacks: iOS, Android, Kotlin, Scala, Kafka, etc.
What is your vision for the company?
Hiya is reimagining the phone experience, more specifically how you call and receive calls from businesses and people. Our vision is to work with telecommunication operators, mobile device manufacturers, and businesses to create an integrated experience that removes all the inconveniences of making and receiving phone calls keeps all the great bene
What are some things you learned at the company?
Our mission is so firmly woven into our DNA, it makes it easy for me and my team to stay motivated. I’ve learned that having a clearly defined mission statement is vital in keeping my team aligned to our goals as a company and provides me clarity as to how my day-to-day contributions bring us closer to our vision.
Business Intelligence and Data Acquisition Lead
Where we are
We are conveniently located downtown right on the water front and just a few short blocks away from Pike Place Market.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Job Training & Conferences
- Working in Hiya is truly unique in that you’d have the opportunity to wear many hats and interact with different stakeholders. The impact of each individual on all projects can be tremendous.LeonSoftware Engineer
- I have the opportunity to learn from engineers and product managers with years of experience in tech startups. The breadth of knowledge, talent, and most importantly, willingness to share knowledge and develop talent, is what I enjoy the most at HiyaBrentonSoftware Engineer
- We foster an environment where engineers challenge and promote each other to do better.Evan JohnsonSoftware Engineer
- Hiya gives you a chance to do real good in the world. Our products protect people from truly bad actors in the phone scam space. The culture here always allows anyone to step up, be heard, and own something new!JonathanDirector of Product Management
- Every person can make an impact on our products. It is a great feeling to see how my work and ideas make an impact on our products.HasmikSenior Software Engineer
Jobs at Hiya8 open jobs
Dev + Engineer
Technology we use
Articles we're in11 articles
Our funding history
$18M in FundingInvestors: Balderton Capital, Lumia Capital and Nautilus Venture Partners