Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington which is an amazing city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington!
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
This role is based full-time Kirkland and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this tech-savvy city!
If this sounds amazing and something you are excited about - we can’t wait to meet you!
Why You will make an impact!
You are passionate about IoT and our products and mission. You will lead the Wyze service business to build and grow subscription-based products. You will have end to end ownership of building and launching the subscription-based product and growing the subscription user base.
A Look Inside the Role...
As hardware engineer you will work with Wyze product team and external partners to design, validate, test and continuously improve the quality and performance of wyze hardware products. You must be responsive, flexible and self-motivated to deliver “too good to be true” product experience.
As part of the product team, you will work alongside product managers, engineers from both internal and external teams on a suite of hardware products. You will participate in design of the hardware, evaluating and validating the hardware system, optimizing the product performance, and debugging tough systemic problems and manufacturing issues. You will be involved in projects from concept through productions, gaining exposure to the complete development cycle.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with cross-functional hardware, software, and mechanical teams
- Lead the debugging of design and manufacturing issues related to hardware
- Design and validate hardware at various stage of the development cycle
- Drive system performance validation
- Travel internationally to support engineering builds if needed
You already have these qualifications and love what you do!
- You have a four-year engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- You are excited about what we are doing and want to contribute to making our journey a huge success!
- You are results driven, self-motivated,detail oriented and at your best in a startup environment
- You have 5+ years of hardware development or related experience in the consumer technology industry.
- You have experience with multiple technologies such as cameras, RF, sensors, and networking
- You have experience with electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing process engineering, and understanding of components used in smart home devices, such as SOCs, Power ICs, memories, batteries, network modules, antennas.
Bonus points if you can say yes to any or all of the following:
- You have experience in consumer technology and/or startups.
- You have a track record of delivering high volume consumer electronics products.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to be a key member of various cross-functional teams
Ready to be part of #teamwyze then please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile. We also love covers letters that tell us all the amazing things you can do!
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!
Read Full Job Description